Building The Death Star - PRODUCTION

June of 1977.
George walks into the model shop.
"So ummm, Rob, the movies out, it was a big hit. But, we're not going to need that model after all. We just had Ralph paint something up for us instead."

"I'm almost done. Here, we can use it for the next movie."

No Rob, just no"
Late 1981ish
"So Rob, got good news and bad news for you. You've been working on this model for over four years now. We have left you alone doing your thing. We're about to work on the 3rd picture and we need a half built death star. I think if we chop yours up a bit, it will work. Hows that sound?" - George

Looking at the lights, I think these are fairly old...

The model has more lights to the upper right of the dish. But not a lot more, as that is the one area I lack reference material.

Looking at the lights, I think these are fairly old...

The model has more lights to the upper right of the dish. But not a lot more, as that is the one area I lack reference material.
That was the same for mw as well. I wasn't making it near as perfect as your though.
On the right dish side, I did my own thing and got a little too crazy with the glow paint dots. But, whos not to say that everyone just happens to have their bedroom lights on all at the same time?

The flaw by necessity would have to be unnoticeable unless you knew what to look for. The flaw was not about its external appearance.
You can make your model any way you want, of course! :)

I just discovered this thread and the only thing that I can say is WOW! that is no moon Wow, that is one badass death star. I wish I have the time and space to build one. One question not sure if it has been asked before, but how much does it weighs?

Fantastic build
It’s a shame some of the original pictures aren’t available to view
I think I’m in trouble with the wife with another future build
Found this old 400mm Perspex fish tank in a skip
Oh dear what am I starting
C52E6809-9141-49A2-868A-C085CB57701E.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back