Captain America Costume from The First Avenger Movie

Naw..everyone is just out trick-or treating. Have you seen the stuntman shots, the ones with the costume from the EW cover? Is anything in those pics modified or actual military items from what you can see?

The goggles on the M-1C helmet appear to be AN-6530 pilot goggles, perhaps with some cosmetic modifications.

The leather jacket does not look familiar, and could quite conceivably be a custom job.

Apart from the HBT fabric, the EW cover costume appears to be completely custom. The suspenders/straps also appear custom, but have the appearance of parachute harness rigging and hardware, which would coincide with the previous use of Airborne equipment (helmet and jump pants).

Dang Chris, you sure know your military apparel!

Here is a quick color mockup of a 3d sculpt (originally all grey) of the Cap action figure/toy. I dont know how accurate it is to the real suit, but i think it looks pretty sweet

STEVEROGERS.png

Thanks for finding this and sharing. I'm a little surprised to see him with a gun. I'm assuming/hoping he starts off with it but gets rid of it later in the movie.

If anyone can find fabric with the proper herringbone pattern width for the later costume, my hat's off to you. I've been searching for months for something similar (In a cream color) for my Doctor Horrible costume, and everything I've found is WAY too wide.

If anyone makes any discoveries in that regard, please post them up!

-Nick

Does anyone have or have found more pics of the USO outfit? I have ID'd most of the parts thus far... To confirm some other pieces I am looking for a waist up.

More new pics-

I guess this is his 1st gen costume. Rumor is that he will have 3 different versions in the film.

capA2.jpg

capA1.jpg
They have been filming this for a few weeks at the woods at the back of my farm. This very scene was filmed there. They set up a whole army camp. It's the same woods that they filmed Gladiator, Harry potter, Robin hood and loads of others. Steven Spielberg is filming War horse there now and then Sherlock Holmes 2 in going in. Sorry to hijack. It's just weird to see a place that I know so well on here.

That is so awesome they film so much around your place! :D Ever been any of the productions?

I don't know anything about WW2 helmets...but is the WW2 helmet the Captain has on in the above image a helmet liner? I have one, and it has the roughness pattern to it, but I was always under the impression there was another helmet shell thing that went over it.

They have been filming this for a few weeks at the woods at the back of my farm. This very scene was filmed there. They set up a whole army camp. It's the same woods that they filmed Gladiator, Harry potter, Robin hood and loads of others. Steven Spielberg is filming War horse there now and then Sherlock Holmes 2 in going in. Sorry to hijack. It's just weird to see a place that I know so well on here.

Wow!! Wish I had your woods in my backyard!! We expect sneak-peek photos from now on!:cool

Wow!! Wish I had your woods in my backyard!! We expect sneak-peek photos from now on!:cool
It is exciting when filming is going on but it can be a pain too. They take over the whole woods and try to stop you walking your dog there. We got told off once because our friends dogs were barking and they had to stop shooting a Robin hood scene. We took some pictures of the set for Cap America on my nephews phone. I'll get him to send me them and then post them here but they are only of an army camp and a stage. They filmed The Wolfman there and Golden compass.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back