Interest CFO Indiana Jones “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Cherubs interest thread.

Correct. I’m leaning towards working with CNC. Let me know which chrome service you ultimately go with.

Have you examined the cherubs to determine whether any additional finishing work is needed? I only took a quick look when I first received them and they looked pretty good. However I’ve never had anything chromed and am not familiar with how perfect the surface prep needs to be.

AWESOME! That’s even better. Thanks for the reference. I just looked them up, just so I’m on point, are they in Spirit Lake, ID?

Sean

Way before these were available I dropped $300ish on Ark Cherubs on what I’d consider rough. Right out of the mold, air pockets needing filled, lots of sanding, etc. Don’t judge, I was desperate [emoji15][emoji12][emoji23]

These I don’t think need much, if anything. I have them displayed and just ran my fingers across both of them and there were two micro bumps (Like a single grain of sand size) that I could probably hit with high grit sandpaper. One on each, the wing span and another on the back. I don’t consider myself a creative person and I’m even confident I could prep that before sending them. Other than that I really think they’re good to go.

I intend to go with CNC for now. Their quote is still a couple hundred under what I’ve been quoted and if other RPF’ers have used them then I consider that an endorsement the other places don’t have to my knowledge.

I have a place about 30 miles from me in NJ that I still intend to check with only because I can drive the cherubs there and save the hassle of shipping and any damage that could occur that way. I may throw out the $200 each as a quote to see if they’ll match it or do better.

I’ll wait until COVID restrictions ease up and get a hold of them. With as many places as I’ve called in the past though, $200 each is still the best deal I’ve heard so I’m not holding my breathe on my local one. I just moved to NJ so all the places I called before were in GA and FL.

Sean

Correct. I’m leaning towards working with CNC. Let me know which chrome service you ultimately go with.

Have you examined the cherubs to determine whether any additional finishing work is needed? I only took a quick look when I first received them and they looked pretty good. However I’ve never had anything chromed and am not familiar with how perfect the surface prep needs to be.

Last edited:
I know it's been a long while since you posted, but wondering if you still have any left.
thanks

Unless you are serious please don’t bother asking.

That said I still have some cherubs left from this run if anyone is interested. All the info is in the first post.

Cheers!

Hey el toro and batmann539 , I'd love to hear whenever there might be any forward movement is made on the chroming and how it works out. I just got a pair of these and would love to see them shine.
thanks

I intend to go with CNC for now. Their quote is still a couple hundred under what I’ve been quoted and if other RPF’ers have used them then I consider that an endorsement the other places don’t have to my knowledge.

I have a place about 30 miles from me in NJ that I still intend to check with only because I can drive the cherubs there and save the hassle of shipping and any damage that could occur that way. I may throw out the $200 each as a quote to see if they’ll match it or do better.

I’ll wait until COVID restrictions ease up and get a hold of them. With as many places as I’ve called in the past though, $200 each is still the best deal I’ve heard so I’m not holding my breathe on my local one. I just moved to NJ so all the places I called before were in GA and FL.

Sean

KimMont,

Absolutely. Like everything else, damn COVID put the brakes on this process but hopefully I get this project back in the rotation sooner rather than later.

Sean

Hey el toro and batmann539 , I'd love to hear whenever there might be any forward movement is made on the chroming and how it works out. I just got a pair of these and would love to see them shine.
thanks

So I’ve been checking in shipping costs and they’re much higher than I originally anticipated. Based on the weight and box size, it would cost between $80-$110 to ship from NY to the chroming place. I have to think this through a bit more as I also have to cover s&h for the return trip.

thanks

El Toro,

Where in NY are you? There’s a place in NJ south of me that does Chroming. I have not called or checked them out yet but I’m about 40 miles from NYC off I-70 and this place is about 30 miles south of me. Depending on where you’re at it might be an option to drive it there if they quote a descent price. Just a thought.

Sean

So I’ve been checking in shipping costs and they’re much higher than I originally anticipated. Based on the weight and box size, it would cost between $80-$110 to ship from NY to the chroming place. I have to think this through a bit more as I also have to cover s&h for the return trip.

Hey Sean. Thanks for the heads up. Ultimately I decided to go to Creations n Chrome, which I mentioned before. I’m in NYC, and I don’t own a car so traveling about 1-1.5 hours would have been tricky for me. Anyway, photos of CNC’s work are attached. His work looks good. It took roughly a month. He’s preparing to ship them back to me, so I can provide other photos then.

60866BBB-C95F-43CE-99FB-231A71D68F9F.jpeg

A718A338-90E4-4579-8B34-672F9ECA2844.jpeg

62ABD09F-D802-49AE-BF39-41ABECE7BDF6.jpeg

108E6D94-8123-4FE8-A397-2FBC078D8822.jpeg

El Toro,

Where in NY are you? There’s a place in NJ south of me that does Chroming. I have not called or checked them out yet but I’m about 40 miles from NYC off I-70 and this place is about 30 miles south of me. Depending on where you’re at it might be an option to drive it there if they quote a descent price. Just a thought.

Sean

thanks

Last edited:
WOW! They look great!

Sean

Hey Sean. Thanks for the heads up. Ultimately I decided to go to Creations n Chrome, which I mentioned before. I’m in NYC, and I don’t own a car so traveling about 1-1.5 hours would have been tricky for me. Anyway, photos of CNC’s work are attached. His work looks good. It took roughly a month. He’s preparing to ship them back to me, so I can provide other photos then.

View attachment 1369060
View attachment 1369061
View attachment 1369062
View attachment 1369063

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back