[COMPLETE] The Amazing Spider-Girl (Female Ben Reilly Custom Dye-Sub Suit)

Turned out great, nice job on the other suits as well :)

Just one thing of note, you should point out to your symbiote spidey friend that his webshooters are acutally on the backs of his hands ;)

Thanks all! ^__^

Turned out great, nice job on the other suits as well :)

Just one thing of note, you should point out to your symbiote spidey friend that his webshooters are acutally on the backs of his hands ;)

Haha this is true! I think he was used to his comic spidey suit he wore in previous years O:)

WHOA! How did I miss this thread?! This is awesome. Always great to see female Spideys in the mix, especially when so much time and care is put into the construction like you clearly have here.

Great job! Hope that it was as much fun to wear as make.

So what's next from here? Wear it nonstop until it breaks? Improvements? New Spidey suit? haha

-Nick

WHOA! How did I miss this thread?! This is awesome. Always great to see female Spideys in the mix, especially when so much time and care is put into the construction like you clearly have here.

Great job! Hope that it was as much fun to wear as make.

So what's next from here? Wear it nonstop until it breaks? Improvements? New Spidey suit? haha

-Nick

Thank you ^__^

Wearing it most of the day made me think about these future adjustments:

- Convert from T-Zip to U-Zip on the back AND / OR make a completely removable mask that over laps a high neckline.

- Anti-fog the lenses!

- Better face shell, possible one that comes with pre-molded eye frames (got a little vigorous with my first set under time constraints and ended up cracking the original set from TJack :-/)

- Need to take in the inseam / crotch area a little bit to reduce a slight webbing effect.

If I made the mask completely removable, I would DEFINITELY where this all the time (especially in winter) under my clothes haha. Definitely feel pretty BAMF-y in it B-)

Not sure what the next project will be! Might start working on some new female dye sub patterns offer as prints. Need more girls in on the action :)

I got me underarmor for my suit.
The suit is super tight and i barely make it to get it over my shoulders. With the longsleeve under it it work way better.

For the antifog i will get me stuff from "zeiss". They have a liquid u rub on the inside so the lenses dont fog up.

But making holes im the top of the faceshell. Foreheard area. Help too.

I got me underarmor for my suit.
The suit is super tight and i barely make it to get it over my shoulders. With the longsleeve under it it work way better.

For the antifog i will get me stuff from "zeiss". They have a liquid u rub on the inside so the lenses dont fog up.

But making holes im the top of the faceshell. Foreheard area. Help too.

I had on some Under Armour compression stuff as well. I agree that it made getting in and out a bit easier, but I was barely able to get in by the shoulders also.

Definitely going to use these tips for ventilation and defogging!

In a u zipper you are more free to move. Also the zipper doesnt split the back spider :)

Also, after sewing my friends symbiote spidey with a U-Zip it looks much easier to get in and out of. Maybe a bit more wiggle room in the opening so to speak. I don't have a final pic of the back just yet but I'm pretty proud of my zipper sewing :) need to have a local photo shoot day with my buddies...

Of course if I go with the removable mask option I could do a straight zip up the back through to the neck and remove the lower back / side zips so that the suit is super easy to get into. Did this for the Man of Steel I sewed for my other friend. Of course he had a cape covering the whole thing haha

PM'ed you and also wondering what type of needle are you using when sewing? I've tried asking people and it's all been different, but since you have a suit from FOD, wondering if you are using a stretch needle?

Turned out pretty wicked.
I know it's a little late now but someone mentioned sculpy for webshooters. Would have been easy to mold it and cast several in resin to be attached to a bracer....

chyea.

I'd thought of that as a possibility but I had most of the materials on hand that I ended up using for them. Maybe if I get around to updating some things for Version 2.0 I'll try that :)

Also one quick update about the suit run referenced in post #131! Only a few more days left! Tuesday will be the last day orders are taken for this run :) Please head to the junkyard thread for me details!

Hello All!

This print is now permanently available for sale. Please PM me for details!

Please note that each print is made to order. Due to processing and handling time, please allow 2-3 weeks before your suit is shipped out.

If you have any questions please feel free to comment or PM!

Last edited:
There's only one problem with the print, but that's inconsequential. Thank you for telling us what shoes you used. I've been looking for a good pair.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back