Creature from the Black Lagoon 1/6 vinyl model kit

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Had this kit for so long to build and now with Browning's death it's time to get it done (will be my very humble tribute to him)

All the excess vinyl cuted out.
Parts ready to assemble

rpf-1.jpg

Kit assembled and ready to start painting (usual issues on non matching parts with vinyl kits, but all solved)
Tomorrow will start painting it (dark green base, then light green with dry brush and a bit of light yellow. Hands and feet will have a light brown tone)

rpf-2.jpg
rpf-3.jpg

That looks awesome! I’ve painted a few of those for customers, it’s a fantastic sculpture, iirc it was sculpted by Steve Wang for Horizon. I miss that company, their stuff was so affordable and well done!

Thanks.
Indeed a great sculpture. Very detailed and with good likeness.
Later today will post the complete kit (will finish the display base and spray the "creature" another semi gloss coat of varnish)

Gill-man (and display base) finished

rpf-6.jpg
rpf-7.jpg
rpf-8.jpg
rpf-9.jpg
rpf-10.jpg
rpf-11.jpg
rpf-12.jpg
rpf-13.jpg
rpf-14.jpg
rpf-15.jpg
rpf-16.jpg

Couldn't resist taking a B&W pic

rpf-20.jpg

Remembering the persons that made this picture possible:

Ricou Browning (the actor that played the creature on the underwater scenes and that sadly passed away last month aged 93):

tribute rb-2.jpg

tribute rb-1.jpg

Milicent Patrick (the person responsible for the creature's design):

tribute mp1.jpg

tribute mp2.jpg

Jack Arnold (the film director that also "gave" us "Tarantula", "The Incredible Shrinking Man", "The Mouth that Roared", among others):

tribute ja-1.jpg

tribute ja-2.jpg

Just a coincidence: I finished this model almost on the same day the movie was released in 1954 - (March, 5th - regional opening. Premiere was on February, 12th)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back