Cyberman bust

It is the CO voice changer helmet. You can see the seam line on the rear where a new piece has been moulded to fill the gap. This is simply what can be achieved with some serious TLC.

It does look like the CO voice changer, especially how the back has been built up, its easily the best I've seen so far, really nice work and the finishing is superb :thumbsup

got a few details from our man steve for you:

The cyber mans face is a the voice changer helmet but I had to cut the face half way through as it wasn't long enough.

The lower body is made from corrugated mdf and expandable foam covered in white silicon. It has four rapid glowing leds and neon glow copper wire to give it the blue internal glow,the same wire people use to make lightsaber beams.

The paint job is high sheen plasticote spray which is sanded with water and fine wet and dry to give it a brushed aluminium finish like the cybermen from the age of steel episode. The later Cybermen seen in the shows were just sprayed silver instead of resin with aluminium powder in them-cheap bbc? Lol

He looks great. love the pose and the inside gubbins. That Blue glow is lovely.

Just a little correction; none of the screen used Cybermen where spray painted. All where done with metal filleld resin. The reason is that only a few new componenets where ever made for later episodes and not whole new suits. Nearly all the suits you see throughout the series are the remains of the original ten suits constructed for "Age of Steel". The reason they look less shiney is because the aluminium oxidises over time and, as the suits suffered more and more wear and tear during filming, they became harder to polish back up to a shine.

really great job on that one of my all time favorite sci fi badies
id love to see a pic of the helmet it was started with

spaceman

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back