Cyberpunk city diorama

I love the food truck design. Reminds of something from Cowboy Bebop

And very profound poems, especially the tea time/lemonade one

I feel the need to grab a cup of tea and go sit out on the back porch and just listen to the birds

Katsu,
Wow. Not only are you an exceptionally talented model maker, you are a great artist as well. Thank you for posting so many images of your design artwork.
It’s also great to read & appreciate the poetry here on the RPF since much of my own illustration ( & calligraphy) work involves quotations from Poetry.

Pyramidrep-san,
Thank you so much for stopping by and either for your kind words. Looks like YOU are the one having multiple talents.

I love the food truck design. Reminds of something from Cowboy Bebop

And very profound poems, especially the tea time/lemonade one

I feel the need to grab a cup of tea and go sit out on the back porch and just listen to the birds
Thank you always, Analyzer-san.
I'd like to make that lower part of the truck look like made of the corrugated aluminum sheet. How do I do? Huum...

Maybe I have to start building from those vehicles first due to the working space problem.

And thank you for your comment on the poem.

'Just to have a cup of tea with families or someone you love in a quiet place'. There must be so many people who think it's a dream of yesterday. Hoping peace comes for them in no time.

katsu

Thank you always, Analyzer-san.
I'd like to make that lower part of the truck look like made of the corrugated aluminum sheet. How do I do? Huum...

It would be a lot of work, but you could possibly use a Photo-etch tool to make the bends. Making your own tool would be pretty simple with a sturdy metal ruler or straight edge

Another possibility is to get some G-scale or O scale beams or channels and just glue them closely together this way

These show H Beams arranged like that here, but using U channels like the second one might be better

I know model shops and craft places often have brass version as well in addition to plastic ones

1650635499404.png

1650635583952.png

Another possibility is you may be able to find sheets made for scale modeling roofing from places that sell Model Railroad stuff. You'd probably want G scale or O scale stuff

Wow, Analyzer-san, thank you for your quick advice and info.

As you know, after I put up the last post, I went to Akihabara, and Yes, they really do have those. Maybe I should visit Akihabara more briskly to see what's going on in those hobby worlds. And I am very interested in the way with photo etching. I will learn about it!

Here are some pics of the 2nd mock-up of the 1/4th scale.
I realized that if you build the model of vehicles or aircraft or starships anything you can grab and see, you don't have to make those mock-ups.

Br7sate.jpg

gwXgKCB.jpg

zpolyC5.jpg

5nfHxon.jpg

INLlxWH.jpg

f4HsoHb.jpg

D7xHSQ2.jpg

I went to Akihabara, Tokyo Yesterday.

I needed to buy some kit parts for further detailing of the diorama.
I haven't visited Akihabara for a long time. It was getting bigger and bigger and was more maniac.

In this crazy city, I found a small old and small military-specific kit shop.
There I could buy a bag full of kit parts.

YzmU7j0.jpg

o9uTZqD.jpg

qx2NdBp.jpg

CWaDI9M.jpg

SkTDGAw.jpg

Fty3n6n.jpg

Well, if you have a chance to come over here, that's good but also, you might think when you walk in front of many Maid Cafes that are these Japanese people kinky pedophilia or something? Undeniable. :oops:o_O
Yes, this is the place any kind of nerd can obtain whatever, I mean, whatever they desire.

img]https://i.imgur.com/uzPPD02.jpg[/img]

CuTrsh4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Is it true that there's little to no graffiti in Japan? Here in the US, especially in the large cities, there's a lot of it, and sometimes in what seems to be the most physically inaccessible places. A lot of cyberpunk settings have it, but it would definitely depend on the location.

It's linked in my post but here it is again.
LINK

Oh, I'm so sorry, thank you so much!

katsu

Is it true that there's little to no graffiti in Japan? Here in the US, especially in the large cities, there's a lot of it, and sometimes in what seems to be the most physically inaccessible places. A lot of cyberpunk settings have it, but it would definitely depend on the location.

It's true but as you said, it depends on the location.
You can barely see them in the bed town, the capital, public park, and most of the commercial area.
Those areas have many street cameras and once you are seen by the camera when you do graffiti, you will be caught soon and be fined heavily.
Also, those areas have 'Kouban' here and there. It's a very small police post usually manned 2 or three police officers stationed. If there's trouble, people run up to them and officers will take care of them. Something like quarrel, getting drunk and sleeping on the street, Pick up someone's lost purse/lost your purse. Once I was helped by them when I lost my wallet. They lent me 20 bucks for transportation. The next day, I came to pay back to them, my wallet was reported there already. If you left behind your bags, purse, or cellphone, it will be returned to you with almost 90% probability.
Officers walk around the vicinity from time to time.
So, graffiti is unlikely to be done.
But in a place like Shibuya, there are teams of street gangs - Not that serious criminals - who do those.

Started on building structure #1.
I've just made a part of the building to see how should I build it.

zoonAqu.jpg

LGyhuCol.jpg

Build a window for testing.
Using 2 mm thick acrylic plate, 0.5 mm sheet plastic, and 0.4 mm thick transparent sheet plastic.

DiX73bfl.jpg

LkG9aB9l.jpg

DRlAvWkl.jpg

I8jsBYql.jpg

KV54M1Ol.jpg

Each floor has 6 windows, Totally 42 windows for 7 stories.

gX3oTttl.jpg

Well, let's get down to mass production.

Warning
Modeler's eye only
Need of blanket and pillow.
The following video has nothing disturbing.
The viewer's discretion is required.

......Ah..., Hey! Excuse me. Wake up!

Thanks for looking!

katsu

You're the best as always, Katsu-san
Banzai !

Thank you, George-san! Banzai!!

Looking very good so far...and yes; it's the repetition of parts that will make you drowsy o_O o_O :p:p
Keep up the great work Katsu-san(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

:lol: Slept enough? Thank you always, joberg-san!

Those windows are brilliant!

it might be a lot of work, but it sure pays off

42 windows total you say...isn't that the answer to the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything?

View attachment 1568720

:unsure: Simon says the answer is blowing in the wind... After all... I am a potato poet!

Love your approach to the windows, I'm looking forward to an amazing build.

Thank you, Builder-san! hoping your families are alright!

Meticulous work - love the use of the jigs for increased accuracy and repetition!

Meticulous... what a poetry word... Tickle the poet’s heart.
:love: Thank you, Lamby-san!

Windows, round 2

Thanks for watching!

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back