Limited Run Death Star detention center dome lights! polished aluminium and resin

Hi and thank you for the interest in the lights :)
Corbadda, I'm sorry, I checked today and I'm completely out of bezels, I was hoping I had one or two left for you.
I think I should be able to work a bit on restocking those from next month hopefully. thank you for your patience :)

Thank you for checking for me! I will definitely be purchasing one when you are able to restock!

Thanks for making these available to the community. These lights are so iconic.

Hello guys,
just to let everyone know that this is being worked on with everything else that I'm doing at the same time. Slow progress, but still moving forward.
on the left, 60 static bezels ready for sanding and polishing.
on the far right, 52 FX bezels getting started.
in the middle, left over from the ZF-1 rings that could be used for future bezels or even something with a bigger diameter in the future.
on the top, more camera antenas being made!
will still need a few weeks to finish those as they are very slow to do, especially because of their numbers. and, as I said, because I'm working on 50 things at the same time!
cheers
IMG_20220604_194148.jpg

Apologies for the [possible] spam, but I figured this question would be helpful for other n00bs that see eethan's work here and want to get started on a Detention Center Camera [like meeee!]

Patterson Trident slide viewer's are the ones I want to source, right?! Being a complete n00b to this, I almost got suckered into a Viscount viewer by mistake.
Can someone please advise the visual differences the Trident and say, the Viscount? And are there any other Patterson brand viewers that are similar and to be careful of [to not buy], as not all auctions are labelled with the model type / helpful details / revealing pics?

Apologies for the [possible] spam, but I figured this question would be helpful for other n00bs that see eethan's work here and want to get started on a Detention Center Camera [like meeee!]

Patterson Trident slide viewer's are the ones I want to source, right?! Being a complete n00b to this, I almost got suckered into a Viscount viewer by mistake.
Can someone please advise the visual differences the Trident and say, the Viscount? And are there any other Patterson brand viewers that are similar and to be careful of [to not buy], as not all auctions are labelled with the model type / helpful details / revealing pics?

Hi,
no worries for the question!

so, the Trident is the correct one. there are a lot of variations on it, but it's the one you want.
The Viscount has a different glass proportion and is much smaller overal. I had a photo with both together but I can't find it anymore, sorry! you'll recognize them with the smaller front glass and the distinctive greener color they have.
there is another viewer that is a bit closer in proportions to the trident but I'm not finding one today, I don't remember if it's the royal or something. It is darker in color and the plastic is very matte compared to the shiny tridents.
If you just open a good photo of a Trident when you research, you shouldn't mistake them I think, they are pretty distinctive.
good luck in your research :)

Looking for two of each color, if it helps…. I will also order another of the kits. The last of the aluminum kits just arrived and looks great.

If it's ok I have a pannel i'm going to work on so I might need an extra 2 red, 2 blue and and one green if I can add to the order, if could get one of the black dome kit that would be great. sorry for last minute.

second message of the day, sorry,
just to reassure everyone that things are moving forward, I have finished a batch of camera kits today. those will be put in stock when the lights are ready to avoid people having to order several times or asking me to hold the kit until the lights are ready.
(if you need only a kit for sure and want it right now, just message me though, I'll work with you of course :))

but, yeah, slowly moving forward, I swear! :)
cheers guys
IMG_20220806_145637.jpg

Wow, excellent! Please post where we can order these (when ready).
Also, I don’t mind sanding and polishing my own bezels! Also, since
these will go on weathered panels, I am also fine with less finished parts
and lenses with bubbles, etc.
I’d rather get a few I cam weather to hide crimes than one perfect one.
Thanks for offering these!

Wow, excellent! Please post where we can order these (when ready).
Also, I don’t mind sanding and polishing my own bezels! Also, since
these will go on weathered panels, I am also fine with less finished parts
and lenses with bubbles, etc.
I’d rather get a few I cam weather to hide crimes than one perfect one.
Thanks for offering these!
Hi and thank you for your interest,
everything is explained on the first page of that thread:

my website is:

I'm sorry, but I don't sell defective or unfinished products, I hope you understand :)
cheers

Looking forward to the FX Dome lights being back in stock :)
alright, I guess this is as good a time as any even if it's a bit early yet and I wanted to wait a bit more for that but here is an update for that:

as you all realized, I'm delayed on that. for several reasons, First, I'm super busy, so I decided a few weeks ago to finish the Relby K23 run in priority as it was almost done. When this is finally out of my hands, i'll be able to focus on the Death Star stuff.

second, I want to have everything in stock at the same time this time so people that have been holding out to order everything at the same time can do it. This takes more time.

finally, I am trying to bring a metal kit for the wall panels for people that needs them!
and this is the part that is a bit too early to discuss as I'm in the early prototyping phase, but here is a test for the small tube:
the inside might be 3D printed resin in the end as doing this in all metal like below is extremely complex, time consuming and expensive in materials. I'll try both and ask for opinions, possibly even offer both versions.
IMG_20220831_193406.jpg

IMG_20220831_193720.jpg

More on all that as soon as I can.
I'm not sure I can bring the panel greeblies kits at the same time as the lights and camera kits though because I need to buy a new machine to cut my metal stock and i'm having a real hard time deciding on which machine exactly. And... i need this machine for this panel kits run, the tubes are just too big for my current machine.

I'm trying my best guys, really!!

"...expensive in materials..."

To keep costs down, perhaps they could be replaced w/ painted plastic rods/ tubes?

"...expensive in materials..."

To keep costs down, perhaps they could be replaced w/ painted plastic rods/ tubes?
well, this is a whole thing. The material cost just for the tubes inside is over 35€! I need more than 6m of length of aluminium for those, it adds up quickly. that being said, it's not just that, I need to cut all those, do 150 holes in total to position them, fit them all, secure them from the back. The original part also had a very very thin sleeve, I'm using aluminium tubes and the thinest tube I was able to source for the large tubes has a 3mm wall, which means without turning the inside down a lot for each tube, the 5mm cylinders can't fit inside. It's a lot of things, cost, time and technical issues.

to me, using plastic tubes instead will maybe lower the cost a tiny bit, but it won't change much and it wouldn't be worth it compared to a resin printed interior. I'll need to test it, but I think an accurate resin interior with a full metal exterior would be a nice and cost effective way to do those. As I said, I'll probably offer both options if people want, it's just that the metal interior will cost double and I'm really not sure it would be worth it.

still early, we will know more when I'm able to really prototype that correctly. as soon as possible :)
cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back