Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates

hi i just bought these round lights from ebay for my hand repuslors and i cant find the thread that i saw this on but its a round light board that has a whole bunch of sqaure white leds on it and i'm trying to figure out how to power it

hi i just bought these round lights from ebay for my hand repuslors and i cant find the thread that i saw this on but its a round light board that has a whole bunch of sqaure white leds on it and i'm trying to figure out how to power it

Can you give a link?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

i'm debating weather or not to have the face plate on my helmet removable but I would rather have it just flip up, so does anybody have a way to hinge the mak in a way that if you lean forward it wouldn't fall back down and close?

Hey guys,
I would like to thank Stealth and everyone that contributed with ideas and solutions that helped me get my first suit built in time for my Halloween party yesterday. There are some things I need to adjust to it but overall I am extremely happy with this build. I will be at my local mall on Thursday, hoping to bring some excitement to the little ones, that will make it all worth it. :)

IMG-20131026-WA000.jpgIMG-20131026-WA009.jpgIMG_00000388.jpg

Hey guys,
I would like to thank Stealth and everyone that contributed with ideas and solutions that helped me get my first suit built in time for my Halloween party yesterday. There are some things I need to adjust to it but overall I am extremely happy with this build. I will be at my local mall on Thursday, hoping to bring some excitement to the little ones, that will make it all worth it. :)

View attachment 247153View attachment 247154View attachment 247155

that's pretty damn cool wee man! nice work there:thumbsup

I would like to share my Halloween Party 2013 pictures. Me and the wife went as the avengers. Ironman and Black Widow. Thanks again for Stealth, Robo and Parkplace for all the tips and files.
postpic2.jpgpostpic3.jpgpostpic1.jpg

i would just like to say thanx to all the contributors in this thread. orginally i was starting off with ironman, then my son wanted to be war machine, THEN iron patriot, then reverted back to war machine :D as this being my first attempt i am very satisfied. next up a suit for me and maybe iron patriot for him in time for the comicon here in chicago next year. thanks to all....

kid loves his suit by the way :D

PhotoGrid_1382926612410.jpg

Man, all these IM suits look fantastic. Definitely inspiring me to try taking on a project over the winter!

I'm doing a ton of research right now on the whole process, but I do have a quick question. Why does everyone use foam for these builds? Are they durable? Has anyone tried using something like sintra plastic? It seems like the rigid plastic would hold up better.

i would just like to say thanx to all the contributors in this thread. orginally i was starting off with ironman, then my son wanted to be war machine, THEN iron patriot, then reverted back to war machine :D as this being my first attempt i am very satisfied. next up a suit for me and maybe iron patriot for him in time for the comicon here in chicago next year. thanks to all....

View attachment 247729

DTR, awesome work on your son's suit, it looks fantastic!!

thanx!!! i cut corners on the arc reactor because its a kids suit but at nite it lights up sooooo much better and its RED(per his request "like in the movie") and i also made him some "laser canons" on the arms from l.e.d. flashlights :D ill be taking night time pix on thursday and share those. i got caught up in the build i didnt post any build updates. have pix tho. again, thanx to this forum... i thank you guys and on behalf of my son too :)

Man, all these IM suits look fantastic. Definitely inspiring me to try taking on a project over the winter!

I'm doing a ton of research right now on the whole process, but I do have a quick question. Why does everyone use foam for these builds? Are they durable? Has anyone tried using something like sintra plastic? It seems like the rigid plastic would hold up better.

from my experience, the foam(with hot glue)held up rather well over the weekend festivities, and is LIGHT!!! i went the plastidip route, i used two cans for my sons suit, no clear coat, just plastidip and acrylic metallic silver for the silver pieces. he even ran in it.

as far as sintra goes, only one way to find out ;) i was not even aware of this "rondo" thing till i ventured this forum.

give it a shot best of luck, i will say once u start its addictive :)

What is "rondo"?

Maybe I have the name wrong when I say sintra. It's a thin sheet of PVC plastic, I believe, and is fairly easy to cut and shape with heat. A lot of people use it for Boba Fett armor.

Indeed, only one way yo find out!

View attachment 247729

cool man ! I bet your son thought he was the beez neez

cool man ! I bet your son thought he was the beez neez

i had my little guy walking around saying "im the best... darn skippy" mostly cus i was saying it. the smile on his face was so worth statying at work day in day out til midnite and losing sleep.

i started ot 1st and finished the 24th. 3-4 days a week... slowly i might add, but now knowing the process i can confidently say if i were to start a suit at the but crack of dawn saturday morning, i could have it painted and drying sunday nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back