Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates

Thanks Peej. I dont think two weeks is enough either and I dont want to rush it. I think it will have to go with plan B - A Minion from Despicable Me :)

personally two weeks is no where near enough but that is just me, if you are willing to dedicate every waking moment to building your suit you may be able to achieve your goal. good luck and be sure to post your progress I would love t see it :angel:):thumbsup

I was able to build my suit in about 12 days. It was my first suit, and I didn't rush it. It really depends on how much time you have to devote to it each day.

I work from home so I can do this while working.

This is my first build, and I haven't done anything like this before. I've read almost every page in this thread, but what is the best, fastest method for sealing and painting?

By the way everyone in this thread has done pretty awesome, and thanks to Stealth for the files.

Sorry about all the questions, I'll probably have a lot of them. Will primer help the paint not crap out on foam. Will act like the pva glue a little bit.
Again sorry for all the question, i'm a noob, and sorry if this is basic, and if I missed this info in the thread.

XRobots.co.uk - Iron Man MkVI Armour Foam Building
Already use something like Liquid Plastic?
XRobots - How To plastic coat foam & expanded polystyrene prop and costume pieces - YouTube

somebody know an alternative way ?
im searching for something like a spray..... i hate it to wait a whole day to go on with the next part ( smooth cast )

Sorry about all the questions, I'll probably have a lot of them. Will primer help the paint not crap out on foam. Will act like the pva glue a little bit.
Again sorry for all the question, i'm a noob, and sorry if this is basic, and if I missed this info in the thread.

Thanks to Robo and Stealth for the files, my speed build is complete. I finished in 2 weeks, just need to make adjustments, seal, primer and paint.
Photo Oct 16, 9 55 29 PM.jpgPhoto Oct 16, 9 56 18 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Oct 16, 9 55 29 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 9 55 29 PM.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Photo Oct 16, 9 56 18 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 9 56 18 PM.jpg
    996.2 KB · Views: 320

can u give me some infarmations chuy124? (btw, nice build)
do you need some help do get in the suit?
wich way of attachment you use?
wich components you wanna use for sealing, priming and painting?
i wanna start a speed build in my holydays and you are a big motivation ;)

last but not least: do you need some hand files?

another question:
I rly dont like the PVA and Smooth-on 65 way.
Are there some products for "spraying" only?

Last edited:

can u give me some infarmations chuy124? (btw, nice build)
do you need some help do get in the suit?
wich way of attachment you use?
wich components you wanna use for sealing, priming and painting?
i wanna start a speed build in my holydays and you are a big motivation ;)

last but not least: do you need some hand files?

another question:
I rly dont like the PVA and Smooth-on 65 way.
Are there some products for "spraying" only?

Yes I need help putting on the hands, I can put most of it on but I can't put everything on. I used buckles and straps I already had laying around. What I am going to use for sealing is what stealth recommends for cheap, school glue and water. I want to keep my cost low, total cost so far is $40. I am going to use spray paint primer and spray paint, about another $20 in spray paint primer and paint. I do not know of any spraying products to seal, sorry. Hope this helps, this is my first build, so you might want to ask people that already sealed or read previous pages.

hmmm .....at the end your suit have a smoothly surface.
I prefer a hard / durable surface.
Thats the reason to search a spraying way of smooth cast plastic ;)

try this spray method :
-modge podge spray 2 to 3 coats (available at walmart)
-plastidip 2 to 3 coats (available at homedepo)
-primer
-paint

nice idea but im from Germany^^ i rly dont know where to buy modge podge spray.
i found it for a normal painting way and not for spraying :(

try this spray method :
-modge podge spray 2 to 3 coats (available at walmart)
-plastidip 2 to 3 coats (available at homedepo)
-primer
-paint

I am looking forward to building this. I have a few questions. After the foam, what do you put over it? Where is the flat piece that goes over the back of your hand? What should I use to light up the repulsors? How could I make the faceplate move?

hmmm .....at the end your suit have a smoothly surface.
I prefer a hard / durable surface.
Thats the reason to search a spraying way of smooth cast plastic ;)

I made the whole suit, including the helmet with 1/2 inch foam from harbor freight, It is tougher than some fiberglass builds I made. The thicker the foam the harder suit is and the more durable but also harder to make. I made WAR from darksiders armor out of 1/2inch foam, all hand made and hand carved with no pep files. The suit took a beating and still looks the same today.

War from Darksiders for Halloween 2012

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version

thanks Stealth (and robo of course)helmet was superb had to increase the size by 10% first one came out a little tight and i had to fiddle withg the files a bit but really pleased with it

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/demoman88/681fc8a7.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/demoman88/4e2ea0ee.jpg

Demolition,
What did you use to make the screw marks on the helmet? I would like to do the same on mine, let me know. Thanks.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version

Demolition,
What did you use to make the screw marks on the helmet? I would like to do the same on mine, let me know. Thanks.
i just used a pen top and pushed it into the foam and pushed a flat screw driver into the middle to make the notch

Hello everyone,
I have the legs finished and but I think I rushed and applied primer and a first coat of paint. Now it is obvious that the pieces did not seal properly as they are looking really dull... are those pieces ruined or can I go back and try to seal them?
Thanks everyone,
JC

I've seen in some pics that the forearms and the biceps are attached but with what? I can't tell what you guys are using and I have no idea what I should use. Also I notice there wasn't anybody that answered the other question I had, either way I ask again. Aren't there pieces that go over the top of the hand area? Like some shield piece. I see them in lots of pics and there aren't any templates. Any help with this?

The piece you want is the handplate there are lots of foam and paper templates for them.
For joining the arms and legs so you still have mobility most people use Chicago screws/binding screws. There is also a cheap method using screw bottle tops in JFCustoms tips thread.

I've seen in some pics that the forearms and the biceps are attached but with what? I can't tell what you guys are using and I have no idea what I should use. Also I notice there wasn't anybody that answered the other question I had, either way I ask again. Aren't there pieces that go over the top of the hand area? Like some shield piece. I see them in lots of pics and there aren't any templates. Any help with this?
hi buddy I used elastic webbing on the inside of bicep / forearm to join them it really works well, check out dynamic1 build he shows it in his wip pics
http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/im-mark-vi-wip-dynamic1-image.jpg-184674d1368629168

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back