Done / Completed --delete

Attention all!

I have made god progress on the model and should be ready for a 1st print some time this week. However, I'm down to very little resin left and don't have the funds to buy more at the moment. So when the model is done, IF this is to go ahead I will need commitments and some kind of deposit (TBD) so that I can order more resin. I think I have enough for 1-2 prints, but I don't want to waste it needlessly.

(The model itself will have no problems printing. It's fairly straight forward.)

Once the model is done, I'll post renders so folks can decide if they are in or not.

First post updated for new info and final render pic!

The kit version of this will cost LESS than I originally estimated as long as a few folks are still onboard (there's a startup cost that I need to take into account, like a dedicated resin tray for this).

1594572738477.png

First prints are in and all parts fit great. This magnificent photo (more or less) represents the last of my current resin reserves! (I have enough to print the clear parts though.)

1594680295397.png

If anyone besides Bad Wolf is looking at this and is still interested, now's the time to let me know!

Looks great. Put me down for one.

Finished or resin kit? I'm still crunching a few final numbers, but a painted/finished will be 500-600 and an all-resin body kit will be 280-350. (I originally guesstimated the all-resin to be 400, but I managed to get it down quite a bit. I don't think it's really worth doing in PLA.) Note: the barrel tube will still be stainless steel, of course!

Holy smoke this is moving! I'm so used to hoping for this thing as a pipe dream. How much is a deposit on this thing? I like the idea of the resin kit! I'll kick myself forever if I miss this.

Looks like a cast of a Goncz/Claridge Hi-Tec S9 Pistol with some futuristic modification to the noisy end.

Claridge_HiTech_S9.jpg

The internet movie firearms database (IMFDB) has this to say; Goncz designed the pistol, and built some guns between 1984-1990. They were eventually manufactured and sold by Claridge Inc, of Northridge, CA (there is considerable controversy between Goncz and the Claridges over this matter).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back