Question Deleting Personal Messages (answered)

Servo

Sr Member
I just noticed that if I'm reading a PM and scroll down to the "delete this message" button at the bottom and click, I get an error message saying "No personal messages selected."

If I return to the inbox, check the box next to the message, scroll down and choose "delete" from the drop-down, it works and the message gets deleted.

Not a big deal, just throwing the bug out there for someone to follow up with.

Sounds like you forgot to click the box before hitting the delete button.

Delete.png

How about this one which is similar:
I had a "guest" message left on my profile here that was from a guy that didn't type very well or speak English very well and who ended up disappearing when it came time for down payments for my Mangalore Grenade Project, which he was signed up for...
needless to say, I deleted the message from my profile but every time I go back to that page it still has the guy's name listed and say's:
"message deleted by Mutant-Enemy"

Anyone know a way to get rid of that and the guy's name?

Servo, I think Carsten probably nailed it. Personally I find it very annoying that you have to essentially click it twice to delete a message when you are in the message... seems like poor coding to me, but then again, I am not a coder.

Mutant-Enemy, I will need to look into this, but I suspect the reason you can't get the message off entirely is because a visitor message is more or less looked at as a post and members don't have the ability to "hard delete" posts. While I look into this a bit more, I have gone ahead and removed the message in question from your profile page for you.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back