Unlimited Run Deluxe Tron Disc Retrofit Kits

The aqua color is achieved through a combination of blue and green SMDs.

I butchered my first dremel job, but for me it's good enough. I forgot to cut the battery compartment strip, but will do that later as it is simple to take it off. Here's a couple images with my own version of the aqua using blue and green smd's (RGB strip)

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

for more detailed pics you can look here,
trondisc

Last edited:
It's that busy time of year again with Halloween fast approaching. I'm looking to buy some used (or new) spin master deluxe discs. So if you have an unmodified disc your no longer interested in and looking to get rid of, shoot me a PM.

I'm offering $36/disc for your gently used discs, (no major scratches, small ones are ok).

It's that busy time of year again with Halloween fast approaching. I'm looking to buy some used (or new) spin master deluxe discs. So if you have an unmodified disc your no longer interested in and looking to get rid of, shoot me a PM.

I'm offering $36/disc for your gently used discs, (no major scratches, small ones are ok).

pm sent

Hey, these discs are really hard to come by. I was wondering if those kits that you sell for $82 come with them. Or do I have to order a disc myself then the kit?

Last chance to order if you want your kits and discs before Halloween. You have 4 days. All orders must be in by 11:59pm Oct 14th. :cheers

This is now a UNLTD RUN thread!

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who bought a completed disc, a kit or even just cast rings and parts over the last 3 1/2 years making this one of the most highly successful runs in RPF history!

Now that the new itrader feedback system is in place, please take a minute to leave me a comment and rate your experience so that I may build my reputation as a trusted RPF seller. I'll be sure to leave feedback in return for each of you!

http://www.therpf.com/itrader.php?u=8829

I will continue to offer kits and disc finishing services up until the release of TRON3. Then who knows, possibly a new run with a new design!?

The future looks bright!

Thanks again,

- Jeremy/Soulinertia

TronSmiley2.jpg

20140501_003835[1].jpg
Im working on a white disc right now, but my cback C-ring is dim and yellow, the outer ring is kinda dim and yellow too (getting a replacement for it, it doesn't fit) but the front C ring is nice and bright white. plus im getting light diffusing through the white plastic of the disc. does anyone have any tips on how to improve this?

For the white disc, there is quite a bit of extra work involved if you want to block out the light from shining through the plastic. I have a couple different techniques I use for my white discs. One is to paint the inside black. This will take about 4-5 coats and requires quite a bit of time and patience. I hold each half up to a lamp periodically to catch any spots where the light is still shining through. Here are some pics:

IMG_0158-1.jpg

IMG_0157-1.jpg

IMG_0151-1.jpg

IMG_0147-1.jpg

IMG_0142-1.jpg

IMG_0138-1.jpg

IMG_0137-1.jpg

Even with this technique, your still going to get a little bit of light bleed. (I forgot to paint out the button on this one)

IMG_0169.jpg

I have another technique which I currently am using that involves foil tape to block out the major regions. I'll see if I can find some photos of that.

Hope this helps!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back