Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

Shatner signed (plus a "Boldly Go!") and certified! He gave me all of 7 seconds before I was ushered away but I'm ok with that. After all, he's 93.

Also, if you haven't already done it, the dummy batteries are awesome! I don't spin the nacelles as I don't want to grind down the motor but I light them up. Now she's on 24/7!
t1.jpg
t2.jpg

Shatner signed (plus a "Boldly Go!") and certified! He gave me all of 7 seconds before I was ushered away but I'm ok with that. After all, he's 93.

Also, if you haven't already done it, the dummy batteries are awesome! I don't spin the nacelles as I don't want to grind down the motor but I light them up. Now she's on 24/7!
View attachment 1806080View attachment 1806082
Nice. Shatner is coming out my way in May. What did he charge you for the signing?? Who certified the signing?

View attachment 1806080View attachment 1806082
Please post pics of the ship and wires with dummy batts installed and links to the ones that worked for you.

I attempted this today and I don't see how it's possible without drilling into the model through both the metal of the hull and the plastic battery covers. The sensor dome on the saucer won't even go on with the tiniest wire imaginable poking through because it's so tight. You might be able to get the dish to go on with a thin wire, but again it looks as though it would require some drilling.

Been watching - out of morbid curiosity since my wife let me order only one - what these are going for on ebay
and they still seem all over the place - anywhere from $900 to $2000.. are people getting bored with it and selling?
Anyone's model developing an issue that is compelling them to sell before it gets worse? (Mine is still as it was the day it arrived. )

Been watching - out of morbid curiosity since my wife let me order only one - what these are going for on ebay
and they still seem all over the place - anywhere from $900 to $2000.. are people getting bored with it and selling?
Anyone's model developing an issue that is compelling them to sell before it gets worse? (Mine is still as it was the day it arrived. )

No issues with mine...I have had it on display without the saucer stand for many months now, it's still solid on the base with no movement or tilting down. Lights and motors are all still working as expected.

I actually ordered an extra one by accident...long story, they messed up but I decided to keep it anyway. You're right, the prices on eBay have been all over the place but I've noticed the average asking price is slowly creepy up. I'll hang onto mine a little longer to see if it goes above $2k.

Mine is still perfectly fine. I’ve actually had the same batteries in since I received my Enterprise. Of course I used brand new high capacity rechargeables not the cheap batteries that were supplied.

Turn her on once a day to make sure she works and to keep the motors fresh. Love the piece still and plan on keeping her until I die.

I actually ordered an extra one by accident...long story, they messed up but I decided to keep it anyway. You're right, the prices on eBay have been all over the place but I've noticed the average asking price is slowly creepy up. I'll hang onto mine a little longer to see if it goes above $2k.

What is kind of boggling my mind is the price range- currently on ebay - all 100% sellers with over 400 reviews :

2250 + free shipping
1869.99 + 88.03 shipping
1225 bid 1d5h left 97.75 shipping
2999 OBO + free shipping
2499 OBO + 180 shipping
2195 + free shipping
There are all competing with each other. as we speak. I do note the auctions tend to finish lower than those who hold out for buy it now or OBO pricing. SO gee, which do I pick if I am in the market?

In the past week actual sales were
1600+150 shipping
1799+38.54 shipping
1790 +24.29 shipping
1553 +155 shipping ( auction w 16 bids)

around $1700-1800 shipped seems to be the "real" price right now based on sales. I am sure this will keep creeping up , I am just surprised to see such a range of prices on an item that is, supposedly, the "same thing"

( there is even a Tomy base for sale for 90-- guess someone mounted it another way - so if someone needs a base for experimentation... though I am guessing most just want to get rid of it too )

The thing that made this attractive was the $600 price. Mileage will vary, but I wouldn’t drop a couple of grand on it. I certainly wouldn’t have bought one if that was the original retail on it.
Limited edition pieces like these always instantly surpass the RRP immediately upon release, it isn't unusual. It is pretty much always people who missed the original pre-sales who are forced to pay the higher prices, because everyone else got in early.

Mine is still 100% without problems, still adore it and have it on display, albeit with the horrible double stand. I have a cat who has a habit of scratching his face on the ends of the nacelles, and I'm pretty sure he'd knock it over without the extra stability.

Attachments

• PXL_20240504_081948078.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240504_081948078.MP.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 14

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back