Oh. So that yellowy/brassy colour I am seeing is just lighting ? How are people replicating that ?

I can’t honestly speak to how other people are doing it. It’s really to your own interpretation. If you look at the first page in this thread theres a link to how I go about doing it. It works really quite well for me. You end up with what I have pictured here. Hopefully this helps [emoji119]
Enlight1330.jpg

Back to BUILD THREAD index..

I can’t honestly speak to how other people are doing it. It’s really to your own interpretation. If you look at the first page in this thread theres a link to how I go about doing it. It works really quite well for me. You end up with what I have pictured here. Hopefully this helps [emoji119]

Back to BUILD THREAD index..

Wait a minute, you started with a brass disc ! That's all I was asking. . .(y)

Oh. So that yellowy/brassy colour I am seeing is just lighting ? How are people replicating that ?
Hey, the brassy looking thing in the photo was some kind of dried up ketchup looking residue, presumably some kind of glue. IIRC In the middle was the residue of a uniformly warm-light-grey paste, this doesn't really show up in the pics and blended in well. Another type of glue?

It definitely wasn't a brass disc to begin with, IIRC, check my original observations. Now I'll probably fuse my memories with your replicas, Roger Christian style :lol:

I might be able to take a few pictures of my accurized Denix tonight myself; I just need to re-blue my lower for a third time. I got a nice finish on my upper using Super Blue, so now I want them to match.

Reworking my GK and this is one of the details I’ve added. First is not a replica but a pic of an actual compac scope (same model used in ANH) followed by my new designs I just got in today. Dont have time to finish it completely but I did want to see just how well this detail would pop. Still need to fine tune somethings but so far it’s looking pretty good..

51298AE6-921C-4A6E-AFD3-C78E25432899.jpeg
3ED3B820-CE32-4C21-8CB0-7A7577D79391.jpeg
EE72E423-680B-459E-ABD6-27533FAC1F95.jpeg

Last edited:
Man I'd love to find a real Compac scope for my Greedo Killer. I have an "almost close one" on it now, for a place holder.
I love your builds!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back