Man I'd love to find a real Compac scope for my Greedo Killer. I have an "almost close one" on it now, for a place holder.
I love your builds!

Ya I never went down the path of the real thing. It was always out of my budget. Only real thing I have is an MGC which I do love but was also really expensive.

Last edited:
Just finished up reworking my Greedo Killer Compac scope a little. Added some details to the Windage knob and tweaked some other parts a bit but overall it’s coming along nicely..
CC1F59ED-2012-4AC4-82E8-128D58474DAB.jpeg
2A628118-1E81-48CB-991F-6D36FE5095AF.jpeg
CA4B68C3-E72E-4006-AA1E-79CA0D29A249.jpeg
0461FEA4-723C-49EB-82E6-FD4FC0E6603B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great! The only suggestion I would make (and this could very well be lighting on your photos) is to use a warmer yellow for the Compac logo in future builds. But thats really nit-picky. Can't wait to see how it compares to my original. I will post pics when it arrives!

Looks great! The only suggestion I would make (and this could very well be lighting on your photos) is to use a warmer yellow for the Compac logo in future builds. But thats really nit-picky. Can't wait to see how it compares to my original. I will post pics when it arrives!

the yellow is called “brilliant yellow” I think but i haven’t truly figured out the best way to apply it yet honestly. I put it on but then wipe it off right away with the hopes of the yellow getting trapped in the groves only and not staining the rest. But it is tricky as I end up just wiping it all off. It definitely stand out but ya if I could get the yellow to pop even more that would be idea for sure.

By any chance, are you going to put this single piece (without knobs) into your Shapeways store? (Fine or extra fine detail please!). I have a similar Compac scope that this part might fit to make look it more accurate. Thanks!

Hey, nice job on the Compac saddle!! Saddles can be tough to model, I know!

Forgive me, I've forgotten. Do you also upload your prints to Thingiverse, or just Shapeways?

Hey, nice job on the Compac saddle!! Saddles can be tough to model, I know!

Forgive me, I've forgotten. Do you also upload your prints to Thingiverse, or just Shapeways?
Thank you Dan! These models are a collective effort though and not all done by myself FYI. Im not that familiar with Thingiverse honestly. As of now I only use shapeways as that’s what I use on a regular for my own prints.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, "saddle" is a pretty common term for the "assembly" or "base" that contains the elevation and windage "screws".

I hadn't realized that you weren't modeling these parts exclusively. But some folks don't mind making their STL files available for download, for those of us with our own printers, who'd rather print things at home than deal with Shapeways.

That said, I can fully understand folks NOT wanting to share their STLs.

Dann ya I totally understand that as well. I can’t actually do the CAD work myself so I work with someone that can help. I draw them up and then sit over his shoulder. It’s tedious and very time consuming but the end result usually comes out pretty good.

Last edited:
Nice job!

I've done a lot of scope work over the last couple years, so I know what it's like!

I have a second, spare 4x31 Compac Super, with the wrong saddle (the kind that's actually part of the tube), and have considered turning it down and replacing it with a printed one. I'm still not sure I want to do it, though I've had good luck with other scopes I've done this to.

Are you using watch crystals for your lenses? Have you got it set up so it actually magnifies?

Thanks Dann! I think they are probably watch lens but I’m not 100%. I’ll have to check. They are domed glass lenses. No I don’t have them so they magnify, that would be an insane amount of reverse engendering and way past my Scientific expertise lol. I’m honesty ok with it being a replica that just “looks” the part as close as possible. But I chased some details that I think separates it’s from pretty much every other replica I’ve seen out there so far. Most I dont think would even notice though until pointed out. But that’s ok as it’s alway the details I think that makes these come alive anyhow..

Cool, I was just curious. I don't make my replica scopes magnify, either, I feel the same way about it!

I've got my real Compac here, trying to find the details you mentioned that other folks have missed!

Dann nothing is perfect honestly right. But I did this scope in 10 individual parts so I could capture some of those subtleties. Looking at these comparison pics there are other things my OCD is screaming to change. But I’ll drive myself crazy if I continue goin down that road..

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back