Doctor Who: Sally Sparrow's Weeping Angels Dossier from Blink

Any chance of you offering the DVD + case without the rest of the folder?

I'd love to have one sitting on my DVD shelf

Yeah, I don't see why not. I'll link a for sale thread later on today.

Last edited:
I imagine Sally would've included the appeal poster for Billy, as it'd help the Doctor identify him immediately in addition to the newspaper articles.

As someone who hasn't worked a paper prop project, I found this really great. Can you tell us what the working time was for this project?

In excess of 30 hours to create all the artwork and do the printing and weathering, but difficult to calculate really; probably more like 50 or 60 with numerous rewatches of the episode, research, sourcing materials and creating and attempting to source stuff that didn't make the final cut.

I actually drew a bunch of sketches of angels, the Doctor, Billy and the Tardis surrounded by angels, but they didn't really cut it, so I roped in a friend to do them, but he bailed too. There was going to be some stuff on various real weeping angel statues from around the world, but I couldn't get that to work satifactorily, so dumped it.

I also spent some time working on reproducing Sally's driving licence from the episode, but without a plastic card printer I dropped that idea. Pity, that would have been a neat little prop.

So, yeah, a lot of hours, basically!

Thanks Birdie. All that work really paid off.

As for the card printer, I know what you mean. I've been toying with a way to make them without a printer. No luck yet, but if I have a working solution I'll post it.

In excess of 30 hours to create all the artwork and do the printing and weathering, but difficult to calculate really; probably more like 50 or 60 with numerous rewatches of the episode, research, sourcing materials and creating and attempting to source stuff that didn't make the final cut.

I actually drew a bunch of sketches of angels, the Doctor, Billy and the Tardis surrounded by angels, but they didn't really cut it, so I roped in a friend to do them, but he bailed too. There was going to be some stuff on various real weeping angel statues from around the world, but I couldn't get that to work satifactorily, so dumped it.

I also spent some time working on reproducing Sally's driving licence from the episode, but without a plastic card printer I dropped that idea. Pity, that would have been a neat little prop.

So, yeah, a lot of hours, basically!
a lot of hours haha i made myself one of these in about 2 hours and im only 15 haha you totally failed

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back