Done / Completed DONE

I'm French but I've been living in Scotland for 3 years now, they have a strong accent here and I tend to mix my accent with theirs so it makes a strange one haha!

For record this is what I hear everyday (sorry for the clip, couldn't find anything else from that show in a short clip, it's funny though xD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys! I got my hook a while ago but haven't had a chance to post pics yet - I think I've been one of the lucky ones, there's no scratches or dents except from a ring around the top where the hook rubs against the base when it moves, but that can't be avoided. There are a couple of areas on the round bulb part that are very slightly warped but to be honest I think if Captain Hook was wearing this thing all the time eventually it'd get a few knocks and dents right?!

The hook itself tilts very slightly to one side, which is a tad annoying but not noticeable in profile, and once again I'm just going to assume he did it trying to kill Peter Pan. All in all a great prop, glad to finally have it in my collection! ^_^
hook6.jpghook5.jpg
hook4.jpghook3.jpghook2.jpg
hook1.jpg
For now it lives with my other fairytale things, till I get a bigger place!

Well done Sarednab!

First of all i love my hook for some minor details.
i have Lucky no dents only a tilted hook.
I contacted sarednab for more toppers and loose hooks so i can weld them in a straight line,no luck on this since he broke any relations with the factory.
hope i can still can get in touch with them and buy some more toppers and hooks unplated weld them correct and send them out to you guys.
also i love to make a topper with the dubble sigar holder.

I think the hook is great but some minor details.
1: the engravings are far from accurate, the Original one has much more finer detail.
2: the tilted hook is not acceptable.
3: the handle inside is way too low.
3: the locking mechanism is poor quality.

i think if you have a dented hook Sarednab must fix this we paid good monney for this prop and i think not fixing your sold props is not acceptable.

am i the only one who think like this?

First of all i love my hook for some minor details.
i have Lucky no dents only a tilted hook.
I contacted sarednab for more toppers and loose hooks so i can weld them in a straight line,no luck on this since he broke any relations with the factory.
hope i can still can get in touch with them and buy some more toppers and hooks unplated weld them correct and send them out to you guys.
also i love to make a topper with the dubble sigar holder.

1: the engravings are far from accurate, the Original one has much more finer detail.

i think if you have a dented hook Sarednab must fix this we paid good monney for this prop and i think not fixing your sold props is not acceptable.

am i the only one who think like this?

Again, IF someone is NOT happy with his Hook I could sell this hook in short time and refund it. I think I was clear regarding these point.

we are not wanting to send this prop we waited for soooooo long for out and get some $$$ in return we want what we paid for.

we are not wanting to send this prop we waited for soooooo long for out and get some $$$ in return we want what we paid for.

I couldn't do nothing for problem with factory (as I already explain in this thread and to you in private). So there aren't other solutions

Alright I will be making new toppers with a straight hooks then i hate when things are not perfect..
Also i will make custom toppers with the dagger and double sigar holder.
But first we must have straight hook toppers.
then we can use our other topper for display on a pillow.

I would love a cigar holder and dagger but you have your work cut out for you. The labor/time involved is prodigious and the reward relatively small. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen pictures of at least two screen used hooks, and both have slightly different engravings. So personally I don't mind that the engravings are a bit different. I think the detail is fine enough for this replica...
That's indeed a part that bothers me too.
As far as I remember, the handle has been added upon request of the people here. I think this piece was initially meant to be a display prop, not one to wear. I guess most people will also just display it, so position of the handle is not that important in that case.
Also here: a locking mechanism has been added upon request. I don't think it's a good idea to remove the hook a lot. Just put it in place and leave it there.

So all in all, I agree with point 2.

I
i think if you have a dented hook Sarednab must fix this we paid good monney for this prop and i think not fixing your sold props is not acceptable. am i the only one who think like this?
Sarednab explained that he worked with a factory for this, and that this factory stopped communication. I guess you can't expect from Sarednab that he can fix these hooks himself. I think his offer to give a full refund for those who are not happy with their hook, is a fair solution. Indeed it's too bad that the factory screwed up with some of the hooks, but I don't think you can blame Sarednab here. Sometimes thinks like this happen. Many other sellers would turn their back in such case, but at least Sarednab offers to take back the hooks if somebody is not happy. I think that's the most we can expect here...

This being said: If you would do a run of straight hooks, I'd be interested! Also in the dagger and cigar holder...

Last edited:
I personally love the hook, yes it's not 100% screen accurate, but it's the first replica I see made in actually metal (brass). Every time I look at it, I'm not like "damn I wish it had this or that", I'm like "damn this prop is beautiful". To be honest, $500 is expensive but fair, we had what Sarednab promised us. A metal hook, with an opening mechanism and a handle bar. It's not his fault if the factory screwed up, he barely made any money out of this run, and I think we can thank him for what we have. As he said, you can have a full refund for this hook, so maybe you can try to get another one somewhere else, but I doubt anybody would make such a prop for $500, especially when I see how much proper swords can cost... Just my 2 cents. Sarednab is one of the most honest prop maker on this board, he always put a lot of effort in making the most accurate props he can.

And yeah, believe it or not, I was actually thinking of the double cigar holder yesterday, and was talking with Sarednab about it haha.

The difficult part of these additional attachments is producing a matching "cup" portion. Would a run of just these cups be possible from the original factory or were there any left over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cigar holder was not a hook attachment just so you guys know... though it would be cool to have. If you are talking about the hook not being accurate and then you make the cigar hook attachment then you have once again made something inaccurate.

Is it fair that people got damaged hooks? No not fair. Did we pay the price of an accurate hook, NO WE DID NOT. Tony Swatton has said that the engravings alone on the hook cost over $2000.

Sarednab has offered to take the hook back from you, and that is all he should be required to do. If you don't want it, give it back.

I think for all of his hard work and his personal pocket emptying on this project, I think he is being treated unfairly.

Now if you plan to do other hook toppers, and the ransom dagger...I will be right there behind you ready to buy, I just HOPE that yours turn out exactly as they should because I would hate for you to put so much work I to something only to be put down by someone that is unhappy.

He gave you an out... take it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since someone contacted factory with not my permission, asking about Hook (that's a VERY bad thing for me cause this mean that guy not trust in me) I'll close every communication with this thread since the moment I have some news (IF there will be some news).

Talking with factory HE ASKED to provide HOOK!!!!!!! That's really INCORRECT and I'm really disappointed that someone contact the factory to ASK MY WORK!!!!
He asked for 5 pieces!!!

After all I done and doing for everyone I hear that! I just talk with factory that will NOT give never to anyone something designed by me!

A very sad and disappointed good bye to this thread!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back