Ecto-1 Magnum - Ectoberfest Charity Total: $24,000!

Re: Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Magnum

Every time this thread pops up i am hoping to win the Lotto just so I can get a car converted like this. :)

This is one of the best threads posted here.

Every time this thread pops up i am hoping to win the Lotto just so I can get a car converted like this. :)

This is one of the best threads posted here.

ME TOO!

always great to see what new outings you have with this car and your group (especially the hotties :love). If you are ever up my way again I'll definatly make it out to see you guys and this magnificent car.

The KR car, Delorean, and the old ghostbusters car, are those Mikes?

Hooray for a new friend!
nov5.jpg

Joe reached out to us here on the RPF and we all met up for the first time today, on what is surely one of the last nice fall afternoons in Colorado!

nov2.jpg

nov1.jpg

nov6.jpg

After the initial hangout, we took Erics WIP Bluesmobile into the industrial heart of Commerce City for some pictures. The results were, I feel, spectacular.

nov13.jpg

nov12.jpg

nov10.jpg

nov4.jpg

nov9.jpg

nov8.jpg

Hung out with a friend in San Diego this week taking pictures of his 1959 Superior replica. Pictures are post-processed to hell, but I'm really proud of them.

This probably my favorite.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Emerson.
Emerson who?
Emerson gorgeous photos of your friend's '59 Superior, Boomerjinks!!!

Hung out with a friend in San Diego this week taking pictures of his 1959 Superior replica. Pictures are post-processed to hell, but I'm really proud of them.

Is this the same car that was in the Gaslamp District during this years Comic-Con? If so, I have some pictures of it here: Ghostbusters Comic-Con '10 - a set on Flickr

Great Magnum and pictures. I love the Zombie Walk pictures. Such a great story all around.

Cheers.

Is this the same car that was in the Gaslamp District during this years Comic-Con? If so, I have some pictures of it here: Ghostbusters Comic-Con '10 - a set on Flickr

Great Magnum and pictures. I love the Zombie Walk pictures. Such a great story all around.

Cheers.

uhhh, nope. That is the screen-used Sony car. The only clearly discerning difference is the style of the rear windows.

Here's a shot of the Sony (i.e. Original) Ecto that I visited on Monday.
ectohdr.jpg

HDR is overly-trendy, but I really like how this one came out. I'll be posting the rest of my pictures here shorty (as soon as I finish uploading my 300+ reference shots)

Also, here are the highlights of our visit to the original Ecto-1.

Getting picked up at San Diego International in my friends 1959 Superior
dec205.jpg

dec204.jpg

BrySup13.jpg

BrySup14.jpg

BrySup10.jpg

BrySup11.jpg

BrySup8.jpg

EricBry.jpg

And then up to Burbank for the Ecto-1! Most of the pictures we took were close-up references and documentation of part numbers, so it's probably mind-numbingly boring to anyone but us NEEERRRDDDS.

Our first glimpse of the 1.
dec222.jpg

dec224.jpg

BOOOYA!
dec211.jpg

The Merc to the right is from The Hangover...

See?
ho1.jpg

HehehehehehehehehehehehahahahahahaAUAUGHGHAHAHAGHAAHGAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dec210.jpg

Detail shots of the rack parts.... so dirty!
dec214.jpg

dec213.jpg

dec212.jpg

****in FILTHY, I wanted to wash it SO BADLY.

Windshield has separated from it's molding already... only 2 years after the restore??
dec217.jpg

Wear and tear on the box panels... :(
dec219.jpg

dec215.jpg

dec218.jpg

Sexiest fenders EVER
dec216.jpg

dec220.jpg

Also, the Movie Car turnout for the St. Patrick's Day parade was pretty epic. Hopefully we'll get all 12 together for a shoot downtown, and maybe it won't be cloudy as hell!

Transform and Roll Out!
cmc2011.jpg

Also, new friend!
meeversbuster.jpg

Last edited:

Of course we couldn't go to Burbank without swinging by Warner Bros. to hang with our SA friend Wes and seeing their transpo museum one more time.
dec223.jpg

And, you know, getting a chance to sit on the real Batpod...
bpo.jpg

And of course it wouldn't be a trip for me without seeing at least one SR-71....
dec226.jpg

Thanks, March AFB, for keeping all your planes outside in the ****ing mud.
dec225.jpg

Nice work and very good story !

Maybe you will inspired the third episode car !

I spent over 30 mintues reading this entire thread. This is one of the coolest projects I have EVER seen.

I think you guys are the ONLY people on the entire planet having more fun than me. I'm kinda jealous.

Please come to Memphis!

Very cool.

l.jpg

My daily driver is a black Magnum R/T with a SRT fascia upgrade, if it was white I would totally do the same thing!!! lol
Great car, awesome job.

Back