Enterprise from Catspaw

Here are some great photos of the original from the Smithsonian

Here is the plan I did back in 2017 that I believe Gary used for his replicas.

View attachment 1835844
Was that the TPZ run a few years back? That is where I got mine.

I actually think it was around 2020 if I recall correctly but I could be wrong. I thought it was during the whole COVID thing.

I have always wanted one, but always seem to miss out on those. The 2018 USS Enterprise Hallmark Ornament Star Trek Metal Premium, is a little big but they are readily available on Ebay for a decent price. I just got one, thanks for the tip.

Lets just hope they don’t do to this replicas what they have done to the next gen replicas

I completely get them selling this, and I get the 100 dollar price tag. I know that casing something in acrylic is very difficult to do and not get any bubbles in it. However, for me, I’ll pass. This entire Hallmark display cost me 16.00 total. If Hallmark had not made this, perhaps I would be more inclined to buy the FE one.

Attachments

• IMG_1919.jpeg
    IMG_1919.jpeg
    895.2 KB · Views: 69
I completely get them selling this, and I get the 100 dollar price tag. I know that casing something in acrylic is very difficult to do and not get any bubbles in it. However, for me, I’ll pass. This entire Hallmark display cost me 16.00 total. If Hallmark had not made this, perhaps I would be more inclined to buy the FE one.
I love the base you found

Nick Tierce did one. I don't think it was quite 10 years ago. I have one of his. Spot on, at least to my eye.

The FE one in acrylic I just bought (because, just to have;)) sure looks a lot like it.

And my wife was just saying the other day when she bought something At Williams Sonoma I balked at: "this from the man with 7 Enterprises". Eight now (it we limit to 3 dimensional manifestations, anyway).

I'm sure that is far from a record around here...
you mean Nicks Dad aka Gary Tierce? I was on that list but I think it fizzled out before he got to me.

you mean Nicks Dad aka Gary Tierce? I was on that list but I think it fizzled out before he got to me.

Yeah, my bad, there.

I ordered one of the FE "acrylic block encased" pieces, will be real curious to see how the Enterprise within compares to his version.

Last edited:
Not too impressed. The ship is sitting at a nose high angle, it's not set deep enough, the nacelles are not aligned with the saucer and misaligned with themselves. There is a some kind of pour line visible running all around the top. Pooh. Box in came in is nice. Oh well. Let's see if others get better and I got a dud. Seems oversized. Larger than the one I got on a run not in cube. Looking at the neck it's oversized.

EncGKwA.png

RpQqvdm.jpg

For reference

Last edited:
Wow. I don’t regret even for a second not buying one.
I guess the QC department was out that day.

Back