Enterprise from Catspaw

Wow. I ordered one; that review is not too encouraging. The major “step” on the saucer underside is off (should have a taper) but I was expecting that, and rationalized that it might not be too noticeable if that’s facing down on a shelf. Even the original prop had some wonky mold lines in the acrylic, as though it was poured twice. Guess I’ll know soon enough if I need to keep it in a drawer.

If they are all like this I recommend wait for a sale and give it to someone who is doing Sylvia as cosplay. If they had taken two minutes to align the parts properly and center it in the block?? I might be more forgiving on the other stuff.

A member of another Board (TFW) posted a review and was pleased with theirs…QC may vary, unfortunately, it seems.

This is their received Enterprise (still in the protective clear plastic shipping sleeve); it looks only very slightly tilted upwards, if at all, and seems to match the announcement photos:

Received Product:
IMG_5543.jpeg

Announcement Photo:
IMG_5545.jpeg

But the one posted by @CessnaDriver…

IMG_5546.jpeg

Awkward Lucille Ball GIF

Last edited:
Not too impressed. The ship is sitting at a nose high angle, it's not set deep enough, the nacelles are not aligned with the saucer and misaligned with themselves. There is a some kind of pour line visible running all around the top. Pooh. Box in came in is nice. Oh well. Let's see if others get better and I got a dud. Seems oversized. Larger than the one I got on a run not in cube. Looking at the neck it's oversized.
Maybe ask for an exchange? Here’s one posted on FB and it looks pretty nice.
IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_5681.jpeg

The acrylic looks very nice and clear...no bubbles! No dust! However if they had to do two pours in order to "line it up" then they should have gotten it perfectly aligned, then, dang it!
Fingers crossed that I get a good one tomorrow...

Maybe ask for an exchange? Here’s one posted on FB and it looks pretty nice.
IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_56821.png

The person lined up the Enterprise straight, but if you tilt the ACRYLIC to level, then the Enterprise will be at an angle.

Is it supposed to be at an angle?

Last edited:
Received mine. Kind of like it.

Kind of isn’t exactly a glowing recommendation, is it?
IMG_3476.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpeg
    IMG_3477.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Some of the details are closer on my free STL than on their Enterprise. But, now that Shapeways is down, it's tough to get something like this printed in metal. There's still i.materialise.

Back