Announcement Facebook Connector

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Due to it causing the site to load more slowly, we have removed the facebook connector embedded in vBulletin. I absolutely hate to remove "features" like this, but the truth is, this one just slowed the site down without providing us much if any advantage.

What are the possibly ramifications? IF you were only using Facebook to login, you might have forgotten your password and might need to reset it.

We'll stage a revolt shortly :)

But seriously, I can't say I ever used it.

That is the issue... quite a few people connected their account, but honestly... very few were using it. We will leave it off for a bit and see what happens. My guess? Nothing.

Due to it causing the site to load more slowly, we have removed the facebook connector embedded in vBulletin. I absolutely hate to remove "features" like this, but the truth is, this one just slowed the site down without providing us much if any advantage.

What are the possibly ramifications? IF you were only using Facebook to login, you might have forgotten your password and might need to reset it.

Woohoo, it used to make my browser hang for 3-4 seconds while it thought about loading it. I hate it on all sites :)

I loved this feature, too! I guess there's always having the browser remember my login/pass as long as nobody else gets on my computer!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back