Fathom Events

Man. Fathom really should have used the original Boris Vallejo movie poster, which is a classic.

IMG_2188.jpeg

Is this real lol??? Never seen this before. That's awesome if it is haha.
Hahah. Yes. Boris Vallejo, who did all the posters for those low budget sword & sorcery movies of the 80s with muscular men and bikini clad female warriors, was brought in for vacation & European vacations’ posters. They’re fantastic.

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg

I watched Heathers yesterday. I don't know if Heath Ledger ever saw it but if he did, I wonder if he based his Joker performance on Christian Slater's character. His mannerisms, his manner of speech, his ultimate desires, his methodology...it's all very similar.

Slater's underrated imo. So is Winona Ryder. Maybe they don't have the range of some of their contemporaries but what range they do have they do well.

I watched Heathers yesterday. I don't know if Heath Ledger ever saw it but if he did, I wonder if he based his Joker performance on Christian Slater's character. His mannerisms, his manner of speech, his ultimate desires, his methodology...it's all very similar.

Slater's underrated imo. So is Winona Ryder. Maybe they don't have the range of some of their contemporaries but what range they do have they do well.

I always felt like Slater was ripping off Jack Nicholson

OK….I hope that they start announcing the 40th Anniversary screenings of Star Trek III: The Search of Spock soon…

IMG_0468.jpeg

Last edited:
Wife and I saw AG tonight. They had trailers for Christine, They Live, and the Exorcist. Turns out the wife has only seen Christine and never heard of They Live…….but her dad uses ‘I’m here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I’m all out of bubblegum‘ on a regular basis. He was a big Roddy Piper fan back in the day.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.jpeg
    IMG_1696.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 60
I caught American Graffiti last night. I don't know how George was able to make me nostalgic for a time I wasn't even around for but he somehow did. What a great time that was. The music, the style, the cars. So boss!!! I wish he had made more movies like that.

My only gripe with so many of these Fathom events is they hardly ever show any making of or behind the scenes or retropspectives. It was the 50th anniversary of AG. Give us something for Pete's sake!!! They did show a couple of screen tests.

Anyway, I want to take a road trip one day up to Marin and see if I can find some of the locales. Anybody have a '59 Vette I can borrow? Or maybe a hot-rodded '32 Ford Coupe???

I caught American Graffiti last night. I don't know how George was able to make me nostalgic for a time I wasn't even around for but he somehow did. What a great time that was. The music, the style, the cars. So boss!!! I wish he had made more movies like that.

My only gripe with so many of these Fathom events is they hardly ever show any making of or behind the scenes or retropspectives. It was the 50th anniversary of AG. Give us something for Pete's sake!!! They did show a couple of screen tests.

Anyway, I want to take a road trip one day up to Marin and see if I can find some of the locales. Anybody have a '59 Vette I can borrow? Or maybe a '32 Ford Coupe???

Well, Mel’s Drive-In was demolished…

IMG_0511.jpeg

This is apparently what you will find at that location, now:

IMG_0510.jpeg

Address: 140 South Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco

Last edited:
Well, Mel’s Drive-In was demolished…

View attachment 1735075

This is apparently what you will find at that location, now:

View attachment 1735074
Yeah I know:(. It was actually demolished in 1976 not too long after the movie was released. It never had a chance to achieve landmark status. Such an absolute shame as that was the original restaurant.

But hey, we can look at this sweet apartment building instead now. Yay urbanization!!!:rolleyes:

Also, though not a Fathom event, I noticed some theaters are playing the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park.

Also just noticed this...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back