FemShep N7 Armor, Valkyrie Rifle, + Omniblade (Mass Effect 3)

WTH did first place look like?!?! :lol ;)

I don't even remember that visor, but it looks good so far. I think I always used the sentry display visor (I think that's the name).

Excellent! Too bad for the omn-blade:(...but your costume rocks non-the less; eager to see the visor come together!

I have also finished the omniblade, but it broke in transit to the convention. The parts I most expected to break were fine, but one of the arm cuffs came loose and I pulled it off before anything else decided to go with it. Easy enough repair, I just could not wrap my brain around a safe method of traveling with it. This pic was from right before the convention.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2897/14211292471_64c656c34a_z.jpg

First of all I love this build, I'm amazed at the workmanship you've put into it :)

As for your Omniblade, at work we use cases with pick apart foam inserts we would cut up for delicate test equipment transport (sometimes laser cut). If you took a plain soft foam block you could cut out the shape of your delicate items to protect them during transport. If the foam is a little abrasive i'd use cloth as a lining to prevent minor scratching.
I hope this idea helps

IMG_1190.JPG

Last edited:
Great job, I am very impressed.
I try to understand every technical part by translating it in my langage, but I have the impression that you are using a lot of professional equipment, am I wrong?

Have you ever tried or considered making a beather helmet ?

Great job, I am very impressed.
I try to understand every technical part by translating it in my langage, but I have the impression that you are using a lot of professional equipment, am I wrong?

Have you ever tried or considered making a beather helmet ?

I will be making the n7 helmet/breather. I've started the sculpt. Working my way up to that, in a lot of ways it will be more difficult than any other part of my suit. The construction symmetry, carbon-fiber vinyl application, and electronics aren't a casual weekend project like the visor. I have to be prepared to sacrifice a lot of social life and time for it, which I can't balance in my life yet. Perhaps in the summer while everybody else is at the beach.

And yes, I have access to a small vacuum former, which most people don't. But once my TechShop closed I've had to outsource my laser cutting.

The rest is a lot of careful hand heat-forming, dremeling, and painting. I still don't have an airbrush. Or a scroll saw.

Those pictures are amazeballs. Your suit really turned out so freakin' awesome! Your craftsmanship and attention to detail make for the best femshep I've seen, bar none.

I need to add to the pile-on on love for this build. Many times with foam armor the proportions seem off...what you did here looks perfect!

Actually made an account just to say this build is amazing. such a beautiful suit of armor. read the entire thread and am just floored by the creativity and care that went into this build. beautiful work.

Now I'm inspired to replay Mass Effect. Might even play a femshep this time.

Great work. I love all the ME armor builds I have seen, but yours tops them all. Thanks so much for taking the time to document everything. I will certainly come back to this thread whenever I manage to work up to doing my own build. Very inspiring.

I am taking the opposite tack to yours--I'm going to sew the comfortable outfits first. I have a very difficult time completing big projects, and sewing is something I have a reasonable skill set with already.

Seconding everyone else. I don't even like costuming that much, haha (what am I doing here?!) but you've managed to stand out in a fandom that's full of great costume work. Awesome.

Actually made an account just to say this build is amazing. such a beautiful suit of armor. read the entire thread and am just floored by the creativity and care that went into this build. beautiful work.

Now I'm inspired to replay Mass Effect. Might even play a femshep this time.

I also just made an account just to tell you how awesome this build is. I plan to read through this thread more thoroughly to learn some more before I start building something.

Seconding everyone else. I don't even like costuming that much, haha (what am I doing here?!) but you've managed to stand out in a fandom that's full of great costume work. Awesome.

I'm not really into costuming, either. I like building the stuff, but wearing it? The whole time I'm pretty much waiting to gtfo. A few people thrive off the attention enough to distract themselves from the discomfort. Not for one second do I forget that I'd rather be wearing street clothes.

Now that I have this made, my goal is to find excuses to travel and do photoshoots. What drew me into Mass Effect was the planet - hopping. Reading the info about a planet, and then wondering around on it to see what the landscape looked like was about my pace, haha.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, and to everyone who took the time to read my thread! When you spend so long on something, it is nice to know people were curious enough to start at the very beginning.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back