Limited Run Red TROS Version Floating Jedi Training Remote Limited Edition

Hey Trent. Thanks for the reply. So....
It will go a few hours spinning CCW, it slows down over that period, and will then spin back and fourth between CCW and CW for a bit before finally just sitting there.

I have tried it with and without the UPS.

I have unplugged it, and pushed the remote to the base, and even moved it circles. The same rotation problem.

I kept it plugged and lit up, pushed the remote down to the base, got a bit more resistance this time of course. Moved it around in circles pushing on the magnetic field, and heard the squeaking .

Same rotation problem. It won’t stay rotating in either direction for more than a few hours. While I’m not in my geek basement all the time, it does suck having to remove the protective glass plate and give it a gentle nudge a couple of times to get it moving again.
Do you have any other suggestions Trent? Thanks!!!

It will go a few hours spinning CCW, it slows down over that period, and will then spin back and fourth between CCW and CW for a bit before finally just sitting there.

I have unplugged it, and pushed the remote to the base, and even moved it circles. The same rotation problem.

I kept it plugged and lit up, pushed the remote down to the base, got a bit more resistance this time of course. Moved it around in circles pushing on the magnetic field, and heard the squeaking .

Same rotation problem. It won’t stay rotating in either direction for more than a few hours. While I’m not in my geek basement all the time, it does suck having to remove the protective glass plate and give it a gentle nudge a couple of times to get it moving again.

Nothing other than making sure you don't have any other electronics close by that could be interfering with it. If it was working but now it's not, it's either got interference or something happened to one of the potentiometers if you had a crash or if it got too hot. Also make sure that keeping it behind glass isn't causing it to overheat.

Thank you Trent for this awesome prop! The remote is beautiful, and so detailed. Everything about this piece is incredible, including the limited edition numbered box. Getting all the pictures and updates as you did my build was so much fun man! Your step by step instructions and video made floating it super-easy. Once my backup power supply gets here, the remote will be put it in its permanent spot. In the meantime......

Last edited:

Be sure it’s away from metallic objects. I was going to set mine up on my workbench for the video, but it has a metal table top cover

Be sure it’s away from metallic objects. I was going to set mine up on my workbench for the video, but it has a metal table top cover

Thanks. I do have the two Icons nickel lightsabers on either side of the remote. It could be those interfering with the mag fields. I have moved the lightsabers far away from that area and will see what happens. The on,y electronics near it is just the the base power cord.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Thanks Trent and Haliax. I moved the metal sabers away, but it didn’t help. I moved the whole base and remote out of the glass cube cabinet, and onto a plastic shelf away from everything. It has been going now for about 4 days, with no stops. It could have been the connectors that hold the glass plates, but they seemed to be plastic with a chrome covering. I even touched them with a magnet, and it would attract or hold the connector. Or maybe it just didn’t like being in the glass, or some wires on the other side of the wall....I’m not really sure. Well thanks for the help and advice, awesome customer service as always, and awesome support from the members of the forum. ‘Ol 33 seems to be up and running (well, rotating) just fine now. Now when do get the sign up list for a Trooper Trent floating Thermal Detonator???? LOL.

Thanks Trent and Haliax. I moved the metal sabers away, but it didn’t help. I moved the whole base and remote out of the glass cube cabinet, and onto a plastic shelf away from everything. It has been going now for about 4 days, with no stops. It could have been the connectors that hold the glass plates, but they seemed to be plastic with a chrome covering. I even touched them with a magnet, and it would attract or hold the connector. Or maybe it just didn’t like being in the glass, or some wires on the other side of the wall....I’m not really sure. Well thanks for the help and advice, awesome customer service as always, and awesome support from the members of the forum. ‘Ol 33 seems to be up and running (well, rotating) just fine now. Now when do get the sign up list for a Trooper Trent floating Thermal Detonator???? LOL.

Wow! Great detective work! I'll bet the metal frame for the glass shelves were affecting it. Or did you maybe have multiple things plugged into the same outlet? Interesting.

Let me know if it arrives safely! And read the instructions! Go slow, keep your fingers under it so it doesn't hit the base!
Can't wait to see it in its new home!

In the mean time here are some new comparison photos.

Compare1.png
Compare2.png
Compare3.png
Compare4.png
Compare5.png

Ha! Mine that my office helped me to "weather" looks more like the original than a new one... I am missing the spikes in most of the right places. That is hilarious!

Ha! Mine that my office helped me to "weather" looks more like the original than a new one... I am missing the spikes in most of the right places. That is hilarious!
Yeah, it makes total sense as to why almost every single one of those are missing on the real prop. Like I always say..."Free weathering!"
but again, if you want to replace any of that stuff, just let me know. I'm sure we can figure something out.

Hey guys.
So I’ve thought long and hard about how to handle this but I think it’s best to just come out and say it. I’m afraid I’m going to need to bump up the price on these a bit to justify the increase in materials cost as well as the process improvements I’ve been making behind the scenes. I honestly never thought I’d even get to 50 much less still be going strong. So I’m going to honor the $599 price through to number 50 as that’s a nice round Cut-Over number. At that point I’ll be bumping these to $629. I realize an extra $30 is nothing to scoff at so I completely understand if you need to back out and there will be absolutely no hard feelings on my end. I appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm about these and I just hope it doesn’t cause any bad blood. I tried to be up front from day one that the price was subject to change so hopefully it’s not too bad of a shock. The upside is that I’ll be able to keep on making these for the foreseeable future and continue to improve them as I go while giving each one the care and attention it deserves, rather that closing the run off at 50. Also, I don’t even feel like I’m bragging anymore when I say how much more accurate these are now compared to the Master Replicas version which still lists for much more than I’m asking for these. Plus, it's a much more limited run, much more personal, and you know, the whole lighting up and levitating thing ;)

Please let me know if you need to back out or if you have any thoughts. And again, thank you guys so much for your continued support on these. I’m still thoroughly enjoying building every single one.

Best,
Trent.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back