Interest Forever - Adam's dagger replica (spoilers if you haven't seen episode 22)

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
06RDrHGl.png

I really do love this show, and the finale for season 1 had a pretty awesome dagger prop in it. It's not often you can add a prop to the shelf that helped kill Julius Caesar :lol

Adam's dagger is a roman pugio, and has been weathered/aged to look like it's 2000 years old.

I've managed to find the piece it was based on, and basically after talking to the knife guy who is already working on Henry's hunting knife, he's sure he will be able to make a pretty much exact replica of this dagger. The only hitch is it won't be 100% accurate to the show due to the chemical aging (nothing ages the same), but it'll be a pretty damned close replica. To explain it another way, it'll be an exact shape and detail replica of the dagger, but the overall finish won't match up 100% to what's shown.

Current estimates for the dagger are in the 150$ range, but that's for a metal (steel or iron most likely) version that's been aged chemically. Not a resin one, nothing to be painted, just an old antique looking piece.

I know I am in for one, but I was hoping to get a few more people interested so we can try to drop the cost a bit. The 150$ ballpark is for anywhere from 1-5 knives at the moment and I'd like to get upwards of maybe 10 or so just to drop the price maybe 20-30$.

No deposits needed, nothing like that, this is just an interest check to see if someone else liked the show and is interested in antique weaponry.

Post up or PM if you are interested!
Chris

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back