Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerest of apologies everyone for the long delay.

Hopefully this finds you all safe and in these strange times.

Some good news though! - refunds have begun being issued again earlier this week and will continue through June and July until everyone is refunded.

There seems to have been some confusion just to reiterate EVERYONE on the run will be refunded in full and armor sets fully finished will be offered to those who stuck in there free of charge.

Hopefully everyone gets a peaceful weekend- - best way to contact as before is the payment email you used. It can get flooded and can be junk trigger happy so if its urgent or you’ve not had a reply just mail a couple of times I’ll catch it.

I’ll do a in depth update next week of the armor for those still interested -
Once the armor is up and shipping I’ll be here frequently.

Thank you again

Sincerest of apologies everyone for the long delay.

Hopefully this finds you all safe and in these strange times.

Some good news though! - refunds have begun being issued again earlier this week and will continue through June and July until everyone is refunded.

There seems to have been some confusion just to reiterate EVERYONE on the run will be refunded in full and armor sets fully finished will be offered to those who stuck in there free of charge.

Hopefully everyone gets a peaceful weekend- - best way to contact as before is the payment email you used. It can get flooded and can be junk trigger happy so if its urgent or you’ve not had a reply just mail a couple of times I’ll catch it.

I’ll do a in depth update next week of the armor for those still interested -
Once the armor is up and shipping I’ll be here frequently.

Thank you again

Free armor? That's something I can't get my head around... So you have the funds for all of it? And to keep it going all by yourself? All self-funded??

Mimic, I don’t want a refund, all I want is the armour so you don’t need to worry about sending me money , when Is this going to be sent to me ?

Last edited:
Mimic, I don’t want a refund, all I want is the armour so you don’t need to worry about sending me money , when Is this going to be sent to me ?

Hello Al - casting will begin in mid June with shipping throughout July... off of the top of my head you are 6th possibly 7th in line. I’ll be casting all components for one set and shipping a full set at a time.

Mimic asked that I share the sheet with him so he can modify for accuracy. I've taken myself off as a refund requestor and bumped everyone up from my spot forward.

everything sounds good at this point. Definitely gonna be nice to close this run, for sure. As I've said before, I am planning on a handsome "tip" back to MIMIC when the armor arrives. Hopefully it will ensure things continue to move forward nicely. Maybe it will cover materials, maybe it will cover someone's refund. This has been a difficult run for all, but hopefully others feel like I do and will kick a bit back to MIMIC for his efforts. It has been a bit of a train wreck, but I definitely still plan on paying for the quality of armor recieved. I have a job and family and try to build when I can, and I can definitely say I wouldn't do any better given a run of this effort, so I understand the troubles. Im really hoping armor comes this summer. And MIMIC - you will NOT send me mine for free.

Plus I really wanna see the run finished and you back in the good graces of theRPF

And I want a matching helmet that I'm sure won't happen till the armor is finished

han-solo-meme.jpeg

At first I was not sure, after all the waiting and frustration, I was REALLY skeptical.
BUT... the refund just hit my account.

I have been in contact with Paul via his twistedcortex email almost on a daily basis since getting a hold of him a couple weeks ago. He has been very responsive and seems to be intent on making things right. Again, I was jaded and skeptical. Especially with the way this damned year has been going.

Who would have thought this would be a bright spot in an otherwise horrible year?!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for confirming your refunds.

Thanks to Lithiumus for forwarding the list he’s made, it is a little outdated but I didn’t want to go through and change it all in case there’s information there someone else wants - The run list is almost a fresh slate- we are down to exactly 10 confirmed in for the armor with only one member having a refund request outstanding.

The helmet parts are in the moulds, I’ll be doing a fuller update with photos of it when I get it demoulded in the next few days, and then that’s the final version of the last part. Then it’s back to casting components to make up full sets and ship each in turn.

I’m really looking forward to hearing the responses from every especially those who had the prototype armor as this final version blows it away- I’m sure you’ll all appreciate the changes made once in hand.

Bigkilo thank you so much for you kind words, however the PayPal account you made payment to has long since been closed so please don’t send a tip, I fear the ether would simply swallow it. Perhaps a donation to a good cause? or even better I would happily donate a set of armor for charity maybe if anyone has any ideas/avenues for that? With everything that’s going on in the world at the moment it would be good to make as much good as possible come from this whole thing.

Thank you all, speak soon, again best contact is payment email address if it’s urgent send it a couple of times!

THE FINAL LIST

1- Bigkilo
2- Empire
3- Jai
4- Sikes
5- Gijim
6- Al May
7- TKBennett
8- Lithiumus
9- Xpaladinx45
10- Ower

Last edited:
Now that was one heck of an update Mimic, can this finally really be happening, good luck and gods speed

Hey mimic, this is amazing, glad to see that this is coming to a close for everyone, nice result for all, I hope you can keep up the good work you are putting into this and wish for the best for you.

How did that helmet come out then Mimic ? Got any pics?

Hey Al - I’ve literally just finished putting a seam on the shell 20 minutes ago, I didn’t have much time when I made the shell and just did it one part so had to cut it in half and put walls on before demould - I’ll be cleaning it out very soon though. I’ve also tonight poured the second and final mould in plat silicone for the lenses - going to attempt to pressure cast the lenses see if we can get something of a higher quality clarity/finish etc for you all rather than go the usual vac form route- unless anyone has any other thoughts?

Hello All. Received my refund in full this morning. Thank You Mimic!

Glad that cleared okay, thank you for letting me know.

Hey Mimic,

While I think most of us always want a better option for all things... I would not put too much effort into the bubble lenses. If the fitment and shape is good and clarity acceptable, I'm happy. We can always source upgrades to the bubble lenses so no need to waste your time on perfecting such a small part of the overall armor.

Time better spent on the larger task of casting or finishing the armor in gelcoat. That is where I feel the perfection is needed. The helmet was always an afterthought... and less important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back