Found! Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH Lightsaber Emitter

Inner ring on mine appears to retain a bead-blasted look, also the bevel on mine is more smoothly transitioned into the 'flat' part--in fact there really hardly is a 'flat' spot, fancy that. :D

I couldn't resist comparing it to my 'upgraded' Serafino/Obee1 emitter. My outer diameters were effectively spot-on, if I do say so myself. The largest difference is .01" for the lower/smaller tube--I was .01" too large. :p to those who think my methods don't work.

oborcomp5ov.jpg

Edit: I forgot to say, original on left, Obee1/Serafino on right. :)

Thanks Lasz. It's not straight scaling, it's also doing photographic evaluations of prototypes. I could not have done that without Obee1's help and willingness to spend $ to get the thing right.

nice pics Andres

and yes, kudos on getting the Serafino/Obee emitter so close - it's a testament to all the hard work you guys put in

it's so weird - to actually see the REAL emitter in living color, no? And it looks so "right" - for lack of a better description. After all these years of imagining what the real one looks like, here it is.

now looking back, it's incredible how the OWK saber came together - with parts from all over the place. Whoever put the pieces together certainly had great imagination, indeed.

Dan
p.s. more pictures Andres. :D

Wow. That shows amazing work on the "obee1 emitter".
But I have always thought that the outer wall of the obee1 emitter felt a little bit too thin. Was I right or wrong about that?

Is the inner tube like on the first balance pipe piece lonepigeon posted (step and holes), or are there some differences?

Originally posted by Darth Lars@Oct 18 2005, 02:26 PM
Wow. That shows amazing work on the "obee1 emitter".
But I have always thought that the outer wall of the obee1 emitter felt a little bit too thin. Was I right or wrong about that?

Is the inner tube like on the first balance pipe piece lonepigeon posted (step and holes), or are there some differences?
[snapback]1099247[/snapback]​
If the wall of the outer tube is thicker on the real one itÂ’s a matter of a few .001", thereÂ’s hardly any metal showing on the bottom next to the bevel. IÂ’ll measure it of course when I get back home.

Yes the small tube is a bit over 1/16" thick, and does have a hidden ‘step’ down in diameter.

Is the ring of holes a straight bevel or rounded/curved?
And what's the story on that center ring, inside the ring of holes...separate piece? Is this thing made in one piece?

Any numbers or markings?

So I see that the holy ring is indeed darker...is it naturally that way? or is it wear?
*edit* oh I see that it's beadblasted...so it just looks different in the pics because of a different texture...is that what you suppose?

Jeez. This is fantastic.

Is the ring of holes a straight bevel or rounded/curved?
It's rather complex, and I think they vary some. Mine is like 3 angles rounded into each other, it 'reads' like one compound radius.

And what's the story on that center ring, inside the ring of holes...separate piece? Is this thing made in one piece?
Mine shows a slight change outside the ring of holes where Chris' pictures show, so that's probably 2 pieces. I see a radius on the inside, so I think the ring of holes and inside tube are one piece--like Gav's, only with the join being outside the ring of holes. (It's always the thing you never imagined--I saw the smooth transition and lack of a seam and figured the flange and ring of holes were one piece, who would expect the seam out in the middle of the flange? :lol )

Any numbers or markings?
More on that later. ;)

So I see that the holy ring is indeed darker...is it naturally that way? or is it wear?  *edit* oh I see that it's beadblasted...so it just looks different in the pics because of a different texture...is that what you suppose?
It looks different in my pics for that reason, a stronger difference in harsh/flash lighting, less so in natural light. I think it was darker in the movie, whether because it came that way or was darkened somehow I don't know.

:cry

It's so beautiful.. I need one now......

Damn Serifino, you were, to the naked eye, spot on with your replica. Although that's hardly surprising considering your amazing grenade run (which is still waiting for the rest of the parts, booyeah to procrastinism..)

Looks like my gav emitter (amazing quality as it was) is going to my GF, it will have an excellent home, as she is a super star wars freak ;)

Gear customization? Emitter attachment part? Which horribly past due project are you thinking of? :angel I haven't done a grenade--although I have in mind a perfected steel grenade which I would love to see done. :p

Yes it IS beautiful, very photogenic I find... :D

When you come down, I'd like to here what your ideas for a "perfected steel grenade" would be

Sorry to hijack, but I know (like myself) alot of people missed out on that one and only steel grenade run. IIRC the originals were machined steel correct?

Count me IN if you have an ultimate grenade done :D

-Ss

{end hijack}

Congrats, Andres. :)

Yours is indeed a pristine specimen. Are you sure the seller didn't simply send you a very well-made emitter replica? :lol

Be DAMN sure to bring this puppy with you when you head down to LA.

Now to figure out how to remove my DH saber emitter so I can make the old switcharoo...:D

- Gabe

So, is there going to be a fire sale of all these innaccurate pieces now? Some of us can live with things being a millimeter or so off. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back