Found! Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH Lightsaber Emitter

Originally posted by DCB@Oct 20 2005, 05:49 PM
So, is there going to be a fire sale of all these innaccurate pieces now? Some of us can live with things being a millimeter or so off. :D
[snapback]1100371[/snapback]​

hehe.... good point ;)

You guys are all wrong. The ANH Obi is made from a doorknob, a shock absorber, a light socket and parts of a Cappuccino machine. :p

- k

Derwent.jpg

See this picture that Gabe posted above. Well i've found this engine part on the moor land Not too far from where i live here in the UK.
There were two Gloster Meteors that crashed in 1951 and many parts of the wreckage of the aircraft are still there today.

I've only been to this crash site once, but i remeber that engine was like new.

There are some pics here:
http://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walks/walksv2/vw121.shtml

Keith.

Would it be legal for anyone to pick engine parts there?

I have found the location where a Meteor crashed and killed two people (training version), but I stopped looking for that aircraft out of respect for the dead ...

Ok, for my records please... what part would this emitter officially be called in the real world?

I have it as being:
Derwent 8 engine (by Rolls Royce) "torch lighter assembly" (burner flange)

For your records (or searches ;)) its a balance pipe.

Keith, get down there late at night and grab all the combustion chambers, death star gun fan etc....

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Oct 21 2005, 12:38 AM
Ok, for my records please...  what part would this emitter officially be called in the real world? 

I have it as being:
Derwent 8 engine (by Rolls Royce) "torch lighter assembly" (burner flange)
[snapback]1100629[/snapback]​

I'm gonna take a look this weekend.
Its one hell of a walk though. Last time i went was 1988 with the RAF cadets, but i spent a lot of the time at the crash site trying to stop some of the other guys form kicking the crap out of all the bits :(

Keith.

I have lots of bits of crashed aircraft from crash sites and i even found a set of silver captains bars at a B-29 superfortress wreck once. I look after and respect the parts i bring back.

Keith.

An RAF team removed 99% of a sterling bomber from those moors a few years back.

I know a guy who has a huge 20mm cannon off one of those meteors too.

Keith.

I think that's the wrong version of the IG-88 head.

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Oct 20 2005, 06:58 PM
Forget the engine parts... Grab that IG-88 head protruding from the Star Destroyer wreckage on Naboo...  :lol

vw121a.jpg

- Gabe
[snapback]1100639[/snapback]​

I can't answer that, but I believe the right version of IG-88 only had 1 ring of big holes. This version has 4 rows of smaller holes.

I don't know if this version is worth anything or not.

Anyone know?

FB

I'm going to go to the wreck fist thing in the morning anyway, but i don't think there will be anything like emitters there and if that IG-88 head is the wrong one, the only part that will probably have anything to do with star wars is the Death Star gun fan and that will weigh a ton.

These planes are really smashed up and engines have been stripped right down to almost nothing sice the 1960's. Most of the photos you see on the internet were taken years ago too, so whats there in the pics may not be there now.

Keith.

Grab Obi Wan's cooker if you can.

Originally posted by Keith@Oct 21 2005, 11:32 AM
I'm going to go to the wreck fist thing in the morning anyway, but i don't think there will be anything like emitters there and if that IG-88 head is the wrong one, the only part that will probably have anything to do with star wars is the Death Star gun fan and that will weigh a ton.

These planes are really smashed up and engines have been stripped right down to almost nothing sice the 1960's. Most of the photos you see on the internet were taken years ago too, so whats there in the pics may not be there now.

Keith.
[snapback]1100827[/snapback]​

These two meteors crashed in 1951, but i know of another one that crashed in 1954, so i'm gonna check that one out too.

Keith.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back