Green Arrows Bows and other gear

TimDrakeRobin

Sr Member
Hey I was wondering if there was anyone here who could help me track this down.
I am making the suit and I need the bow.
sneeze005.jpg

Having been out of the tournament archery scene for nearly a decade, the set-up looks pretty standard with a few exceptions. The stabalizer (bar coming off the front of the bow) is of a design I haven't seen before, but that could just mean it is something new (or it is prop dept. to look snazzy). The sites, and rest seem to be pretty standard, so that shouldn't be a problem locating a close (if not exact) match. The color scheme might be something that the prop department did themselves (although the aluminum arrows anodized green are very easy). I used to see women at the range with pink set-ups all the time.

I think the biggest headache you'll have is scraping off whatever brand logos are on the bow once you get one. My suggestion is to find an archery shop in your area and take a look. Most sporting goods stores only carry hunting rigs that will be camo'd color. Just be careful about telling them what you want the bow for, or they may treat you like a tourist and try to sell you gold-plated inition wires, and a set of platium headers. :p

thanks for all the info, it is very much appreciated.

Yea I figured the color scheme and even chromed areas
were custom done for the show to make it look a little more
spectacular. I dont have any archery shops around my area,
closest thing is a Big 5 lol. I think there is one two towns
over though. Thanks very much again for your help.

This looks a whole lot like a Mathews Inc. prestige, genesis, or maybe a switchback. It almost looks like a youth bow too, it's kinda smallish looking, and it doesn't seem to have a substantial grip, or maybe the actors just hase giant hands?

So many modern compound bows look the same in passing, it's really hard to tell. You will probably need someone who REALLY knows bows to ID it.

Good luck.
Njc------------------

Thanks very much. It looks like this is the company that makes the bow, or maybe not lol I dont really know but I will e-mail them the above pic and see if they recognize it. Also I think the bow in this pic is the same as above, but before it was repainted and snazzed up with other parts by the prop department. You can see part of a red company logo, I just dont know the company, and can't make out the logo completley.
GArrowSuit2.jpg

I hope you don't mind me glomming on to this thread, but does anyone know where I can get an arrow in that particular shade of green? And a nice chrome broad tip arrowhead?

I new I could count on you to do this suit TDR. I actually thought of you when I saw the episode. I know those boots too. I've seen them and I want to say they're Tred-airs or demonias. So just in case you were wondering. This Costume is just cool.

<div class='quotetop'>(TimDrakeRobin @ Oct 23 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]1343673[/snapback]</div>
Thanks very much that looks to be the closest yet.
Great price too :rolleyes
the bow costs more than the suit.
[/b]

Well, You could always take up Archery after you get the bow. :)

i was thinking of this as well after seeing the episodes with ollie, decided id do more comic style if im going to do a costume of GA since he was one of my favs as a kid,

check ebay for the green fletchings (feathers) they have them all over there, pretty cheap, found a few packs that seem to be the same shade as the ones used on smallville

Yea I have been a fan of GA myself for a while but his suit in the comics doesnt translate well to the real world so I was happy to see this suit on smallville which seems to be an amalgum of GA and GAII. I like it alot. And thanks for the tip on the fletchings.

Looks like they located your base bow. Nice Compound bows are not cheap. I have been out of serious archery for about a decade myself, I picked up a new bow last year and started shooting again.

The Stabilizer / Vibration reducer on the front of the bow, the five armed "thing" sticking off the front of the bow appears to be an aftermarket part, I did a quick search and couldn't find that exact model but I think it may be a real part and not an FX job. There is a thread about the bow on the PSE message boards. They didn't have the details on the accessories but I bet the people over there could find them.

I'll keep browsing around and hopefully I can come up with something to help out.

~Edit~ Here is some good info.

Here is a thread on the subject on Archery talk, they discuss some of the accessories on the bow, but more importantly they may have ID'ed the shop that set up the bow rig so you can get direct information:

Archery Talk Thread

Here is the site they refer to:

Boorman Archery

I have a pretty good feeling from the look of their site, if they didn't build the bow they can probably replicate it. Good hunting.

I hope they help. Archery Talk is one of the more friendly archery sites I have used. You will likely run across it, but there is a pretty serious distinction between target and hunting archers. I hate to generalize like this, but I have had a devil of a time getting useful helpful information from the hunting crowd which monopolizes archery in the Southeast.

The arrows are most certainly customized, finding a similar arrow head should be relatively easy and they it is just a matter of talking to a couple dealers to get your arrows made with the shafts and fletching that you want. Arrow heads will be interchangeable, so you can buy your arrows with field points and buy a couple sets of arrow heads like the ones on screen and switch them out whenever you like.

If you are serious about buying the bow and plan to take up archery (Which I highly recommend, it really is a fun past-time) Find a pro shop, even if you live in bumpkinvillle like me and can only find hunting shops and test fire some bows, get your draw length measured, find a pull weight that you like and get measured for arrows. When and if you buy your Bow those are things you will need to know. I also recommend doing a lot of reading about the options on the bows so you know what you are getting. You are potentially looking at dropping near a grand to replicate that bow and set up.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back