Green Lantern Movie Ring

He he he, wanna be in for cameo huh? I would like to hear Robert J. Kral as composer, he did Green Lantern First Fligth very well with a memorable and great score.

He he he, wanna be in for cameo huh? I would like to hear Robert J. Kral as composer, he did Green Lantern First Flight very well with a memorable and great score.

Of course I would, but even more would just love to work on the film again! Besides I had blast with Ryan & Blake... So crazy they are married now!

Attachments

• GLTeam.jpg
    GLTeam.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Green Lantern.jpg
    Green Lantern.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 155
  • Helmet Work.jpg
    Helmet Work.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 175
That helmet was a pain in the ass to build.

Its was even more of pain in the ass to fix it so it would fit and function, Id never seen helmet without a nape strap in it... LOL That was something new for me... That's like a car without wheels your not going to get very far! :cool

I got lucky that the wife's head was very close to the same size as Blake's! So after 10-15 fittings I knew we were VERY close! Then I had to deal with the wig! :cry

Attachments

• BlakesHelmet.jpg
    BlakesHelmet.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I bet, it was all faked. One of our guys had to model the parts from pictures, and made to fit an existing helmet base. Then after we had the parts 3d printed, they changed the helmet base on us. None of the parts fit right anymore, what is a nape strap lol?

I bet, it was all faked. One of our guys had to model the parts from pictures, and made to fit an existing helmet base. Then after we had the parts 3d printed, they changed the helmet base on us. None of the parts fit right anymore, what is a nape strap lol?

Plus the Carbon Fiber was pretty heavy once we added all the real parts. Nape strap is the chin strap for your neck... LOL All helmets have nape straps years ago the Canadian's came up with the current version now used called a integrated chin strap /nape strap. As you tighten the chin strap it snugs around your neck, keeps the helmet from flying off during ejection!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/bingm/Aviation/Headset/GENTEXCHIN.jpg

http://www.coronadodc.com/images/thumbs/0000684_300.jpeg

Since they didnt have them i had to make the mask hold the helmet in place... That why very few scenes were shot with the mask was off because the helmet was so heavy it would get sloppy and rock forward.

I installed real earcups and helmet liners and real mask receivers attached to the resin spacers you guys made and the masks we got from GENTEX were all real... I got with the sound guys and we wired them so the director could talk to them while in the cockpit via a mic.

Arise, old thread! Arise!

Now that you've had the Noble Collection Silver GL Ring for some time, how do you like it long term? With Batjeepster/Customized Hero in the process of going out of business, and with most of the other RPF GL ring gurus doing no runs lately, I'm giving serious thought to ordering NC's rings to satisfy my itch for new GL rings.
Never mind, I did it myself... found these in an eBay auction... and while it's a good-looking ring in its way, seeing it up close & personal made me decide against buying one at this time. Maybe if The Noble Collection has a big sale with a good discount, or if I find one in my size on eBay for a low price, maybe then I'd get one. But not at full price... you'll see why... standby for incoming HIGH-DEFINITION IMAGES...

NobleCollectionSilverGLRing1_zpsc68b9bb2.jpg

NobleCollectionSilverGLRing2_zps49bf1d87.jpg

NobleCollectionSilverGLRing3_zpsc1b21db1.jpg

NobleCollectionSilverGLRing4_zps3255041b.jpg

NobleCollectionSilverGLRing5_zpsf5e29dca.jpg

NobleCollectionSilverGLRing6_zps7f136d48.jpg

So, what was unclear in the solicitation image and the cell phone photos earlier in this thread becomes crystal clear... except for the center "cabochon" gemstone, the whole ring is metal... painted metal. The face of the ring, representing the GL Corps logo, is silver that's been painted dark green, rather than a translucent material that looks crystalline. Its metallic nature also reduces the level of detail present on the face of the ring, so the "Fresnel lens" like concentric rings in the middle of the ring are just gone. :unsure

While it's still a nice looking ring, as a recreation of the GL Corps rings seen in the movie, it's not very good. The worst part is, it has a hollow band, which would actually make it easier and more comfortable for me to wear! :unsure

Last edited:
Standby for more pics incoming in a few days... this time MUCH better pics of one of the HERO ring props produced for the movie production! At least 1 of these rings was given away in a sweepstake's from Hershey/Reese's, and the lucky bastich that won it took some good pics which I stumbled upon on the web! I'll be uploading those soonish! ;) :thumbsup

Okay, here we go. These images are from an eBay auction that ended yesterday. I intentionally waited to post these until after the auction was over because I wanted to reduce the number of people bidding against me! :p

In the end, though, it came down to me and 1 other bidder, who unfortunately for me, was able to afford a higher max bid than I could. If only PayPal's Bill Me Later had given me a higher credit limit, this ring would be MINE! :(

Anyway, this is a GENUINE Hero Prop of the Movie Power Ring, that was given away in a Reese's Sweepstakes that I sadly never knew about, otherwise, I would've been eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups like they were going out of style back during the Sweepstakes period! Here's the 3 Certificates of Authenticity/Letters that were included with the ring:

GLmovieRingHeroPropCert1_zpseabe6bff.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroPropCert2_zpsd91ffa07.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroPropCert3_zps77161e32.jpg

The ring was shipped in a pretty nice metal box:

GLmovieRingHeroPropCase_zps6551382d.jpg

And upon opening it, inside was the Holy Grail of Green Lantern Props...

GLmovieRingHeroProp6_zps5a9f16a5.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroProp5_zps6418440c.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroProp4_zps6093d98f.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroProp3_zps509a86cc.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroProp2_zpsff46063d.jpg

GLmovieRingHeroProp1_zpsde72da59.jpg

After losing the auction yesterday, I was quite surprised this morning when the winner contacted me via Facebook to let me know he was the one that beat me. Turns out this was won by someone I know, and it's a fellow RPFer, so at least I know this ultimate GL collectible is going to a good home. I'll leave it to the winner to decide whether or not he wants to reveal his identity here.

In the meantime, Stitch and nexnox, if there's any more of these laying around that were never given away and need a good home, feel free to Private Message me with a private offer and I'll gladly take one off of your hands! :love

I was watching this auction as well and debating like hell whether or not I could afford it at the bid price when there was an hour left in the auction... Ultimately it was a moot point as there was no way I would have been able to top the winning bid - at least not without my fiancé skinning me alive!

I actually deduced who won the auction after it ended and I offer my congratulations on winning such an awesome piece!

Ya since I held few the real ones. Id have to say that has got to be 99.99% exact! Very cool. I knew nothing about this! What did that jem run you? Where was the auction just on ebay?

LOL. I made the COAs for those. Never thought I'd see one again!

That's a real deal. Machined brass, nickel plated... super nice ;)

IIRC, we made some for a Subway contest too.

Last edited:
Ya since I held few the real ones. Id have to say that has got to be 99.99% exact! Very cool. I knew nothing about this! What did that jem run you? Where was the auction just on ebay?
Auction was only on eBay, and I did NOT win it. The guy that did paid about $1,200 for it. :eek
LOL. I made the COAs for those. Never thought I'd see one again!

That's a real deal. Machined brass, nickel plated... super nice ;)

IIRC, we made some for a Subway contest too.
Do you recall how many of these "giveaway" rings were made total? Wondering how many are out there waiting to be resold.

Ironically that's probably a third of what production paid for them.

As far as number, we made a TON of rings for DC Direct and WB Licensing, I want to say there were six in the batch with the COAs

Ironically that's probably a third of what production paid for them.
:eek
As far as number, we made a TON of rings for DC Direct and WB Licensing, I want to say there were six in the batch with the COAs
Then how the frak did DC Direct mess up so badly?!? There's not enough weathering on their band, the faces came out warped, the metal ring around the center stone is colored gold instead of the correct silver... what a cluster frak! (n)rolleyes

I wondered that myself. They had us make a few samples. The only thing I can assume is they were trying to keep costs down, or that the overseas manufacturing couldn't duplicate the surface finish- or both.

I wondered that myself. They had us make a few samples. The only thing I can assume is they were trying to keep costs down, or that the overseas manufacturing couldn't duplicate the surface finish- or both.
I think it all comes down to a couple or 3 things...

1. DC Direct used the same Chinese factories they always use, which means proper Quality Control becomes exponentially harder.
  2. DC Direct was making these to hit a certain price point that, for a prop this complex and important, was unrealistically low. They planned out the materials and finishes based on hitting a 2-digit price point when, realistically, a good prop replica of this ring should end up in the $100-$200 price range. :unsure
  3. Maybe they didn't even think the fans would notice. But we did notice. We couldn't HELP but notice! We were shown a solicitation picture of the ring in a "fantasy situation", a picture of a ring that looks 100% identical to the CGI-rendered "hero prop" seen in Abin Sur's hand when he gives the ring to Hal, but when we received our rings and opened the boxes... what we saw was neither an accurate recreation of the CGI hero ring, nor an accurate replica of the physical hero ring props made by Studio Arts & Technology. It was very disappointing, to say the least. (n)unsure
In the end, I've had to turn to the ring-makers here on the RPF to get the ring prop I was expecting to receive from DC Direct, and that's a real shame. No wonder they rebranded themselves as "DC Collectibles".

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back