Green Lantern Ring

Nice! But it appears to be either one of the promotional rings that was mailed out to "the Great and the Good*", or a reproduction of said promo ring. For a start, we know from the 2 RPF members that made the actual movie props that there is NO split in the band of the Real McCoy, and we also know that the thin metal ring around the center gem is silvery in color on the Real McCoy. ;)

Oh, and this post probably should be moved over to THIS THREAD. ;)

*And by "the Great and the Good", I really mean "the Rich". ;)

I want to see some real pics of the DC Direct Version. If it looks anything like this ring I know I'll be buying it!

Regardless of the above comments. Taking into account that not all RPF members are always correct.

I was told this WAS a screen used ring, not a promo ring.

And for the record I have been told plenty of things about movie or TV props by the people that were there. No way they were right.

Not everyone know everything about what was or wasn't made for the movie.

Regardless of accuracy that is still a cool looking ring, not to mention rare since it seems to be one of the mailed out promo ones.

...and some people need a lesson in listening to "sources".

You need to understand "I was there" is not 100% folks. It's a great start to be sure, but the world is gray.

Tell you what, Mike. I will ask the propmaster for Green Lantern tomorrow. I am working with him currently on Avengers.

But I suppose just because he was there, and in charge of all the props for the film doesn't mean he'd be right, would it?

:rolleyes

I can't imagine why more industry professionals don't post here. Though I am beginning to understand why they all tell me to stop.

So it's totally beyond the realm of possiblities that some other branch of WB has other rings that may or may not have made it into the movie in one scene or other. Your propmaster was present for every scene shot. Not dismissing HIS knowledge in the least.

I've just personally seen enough variation in screen used props over the years, that couldn't possibly exist according to some, but do anyway.

And until challenged I never said it was a screen-used ring. I just double checked after someone suggested otherwise. I have no real idea at all.

I just dismiss the instant dismissive attitude.

Next time I have pictures of something that may or may not be screen-used maybe I should just keep them to myself.

To me it looks exactly like the promo ring they sent out too. I could be right I could be wrong. Just a larger pic for comparison

Green-Lantern-power-ring-movie-4-600x475.jpg

I have verified that ring in the photo is 100% Not Screen Used.

The only rings with a split band are the promo rings.

I can also say that propmasters are not 100% correct. I have a couple situations where the Propmaster said "no way" but I can send him a screenshot to prove otherwise. The reply is always, "man I don't remember doing that!" or "how did that get in there?"

Regardless of whether it is or isn't a screen used piece, I have to agree with Mic on the dismissive attitudes. Instead of staying on neutral ground or even considering the fact some crew member slipped a promo or replica on set and it actually became screen used, you guys immediately call BS. Wait for the movie, try and help him find an oddball promo ring stuck in some scene. If you don't, then Mic can go back to his friend and call BS while you keep your trap shut and be satisfied you helped him without criticism.

That's all I was sayin'.

The un-obtainable goal of 100% accuracy makes people crazy and often leads to erroneous information.

Jeez.

Seen it too many times myself to wear blinders like that.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back