gun blueing

BigJoe88

will a gun blueing solution likley work on a denix mauser?....im not familiar with the exact alloy used for the gun, i think it was zinc/aluminum or somthing anyway, would it work and i still get the same results as if on steel? it always bothered me how we had to paint the denixs black.

I've used Aluminum Black to finish Denix Mausers. It works. There is a lot of white residue from oxidation. I usually wipe it off with a damp rag and then follow up with an oiled rag. If you'd like to see pics of the Denix blasters I've done this way, let me know. I've used this method on 6 of the 8 Denix blasters I've converted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wuher da brewer @ Jan 15 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1397980[/snapback]</div>
I've used Aluminum Black to finish Denix Mausers. It works. There is a lot of white residue from oxidation. I usually wipe it off with a damp rag and then follow up with an oiled rag. If you'd like to see pics of the Denix blasters I've done this way, let me know. I've used this method on 6 of the 8 Denix blasters I've converted.
[/b]

I'd like to see your mausers.

Thanks

Here are two different Han ANH blasters, an ESB, and a ROTJ.
The bottom picture shows a blaster that I was working on removing the pitting from that I've yet to treat with Aluminum Black.

fjhhr.jpg

esbsolom19.jpg

hananhdss.jpg

hanblastersprogshot.jpg

Those came out really well Evan.

My own attempts ended up a either a dog's dinner or a pig's ear. :unsure

Back