Halloween costumes air mag conversion

I saw that cavx and another person did this mod by cutting under the clear sole and inserting some glue or plastic inside it.
I'd like to do this mod too ... :rolleyes

has anyone with V2 or HC Mags figured out how to make that rough bumpy surface on the midsoles to make them look more authentic???

I did and it seems to have been frowned on by a few.

attachment.php

To do this, I have used the same rubber I make the clears from, but mix up a custom batch of pigments that I can add to the rubber to change the colours.

This can be a challenge as the product is essentially a thick liquid, that will turn gel, then goes solid. There is a VERY small window of time to apply this so it sticks to vertical surfaces.

My light grey was created by adding "normal" grey in small amounts to "white" until I got the shade I wanted. I used the cap of a light grey vinyl dye as a reference here as that dye had previously been used to paint the mid-sole - which of course cracked. Unlike paint, the rubber forms a skin over the part and fuses (room temperature vulcanising) to it and then bends with the original part. Yes it scrape off if rubbed hard enough against abrasives. But generally, it stands up well.

To add the splatter and texture, I mixed "white", "green" and "blue" pigments until I got the desired colour. I Actually checked the colour with a colorimeter (I'm ISF and why I have this gear) and it seems almost perfect. Like the grey, I then mixed small amounts pigmented rubber and let that set up to achieve the desired gel state. Application is best with a fine pointed object where you just touch the tip and pull away quickly. What happens is the now gel rubber is extremely sticky and it will stick to the grey. So basically, I dabbed it on in many places and got a lumpy surface texture that I actually think is quite cool.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that cavx and another person did this mod by cutting under the clear sole and inserting some glue or plastic inside it.
I'd like to do this mod too ... :rolleyes

I used white rubber for this.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1460429702538.jpg
    FB_IMG_1460429702538.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 534
Resurrecting an old thread here—I am looking at removing the battery from my HC Mags completely and running straight off USB wall power. Does anyone know the output of the built-in battery itself? Is it 5V? I don’t want to fry the LEDs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back