HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Might give that a go, probably get the wife to hide it as I'd probably dip into it for other things lol, think I might pick up a pair of these in the mean time, as you say would be a good way to practice before going the whole hog an a pair of V3's :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might give that a go, probably get the wife to hide it as I'd probably dip into it for other things lol, think I might pick up a pair of these in the mean time, as you say would be a good way to practice before going the whole hog an a pair of V3's :)

Practice what? There is next to nothing to mod on these V3 shoes.

Are these for display or just kickers? If I got a pair I would sock toe them and probably put on some clears , but that is about it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kickers? I'm unfamiliar with that term :) they will likely be mostly a display pair and as said a bit of a project to do on the side :)

Don't get me wrong about the HC stuff. At the SupaNova Con on the Gold Coast in 2015, there was this guy walking around on the Friday night in his HCs with the lights on and jeans tucked in and he was tuning heads, including my own.

So my charing wore broke (No suprise) and was weak in 2 other places. So my brother gutted the shoe and Im thinking of modding these. Any suggestions for new battery packs?

Also does anyone have Nike Swoosh logo template? Would craft foam be ok? These are to wear

Part of the problem is that they glue the wires in at the Heel Cup and therefore, there is no room for movement. The wires just break.

Part of the problem is that they glue the wires in at the Heel Cup and therefore, there is no room for movement. The wires just break.
Yea. It's a bit frustrating. I do have another pain but they're ribbed and since they don't make those anymore I kinda wanna keep new in box. I also wonder if there is a way to lower the ribs a bit?

Some people ironed the ribs using an old Tee shirt. The best way is to open the shoe at the side and remove excess foam.

Some people ironed the ribs using an old Tee shirt. The best way is to open the shoe at the side and remove excess foam.
Is there any good guids to that? I checked this thread a few times (too look about fixing the lights) and didnt see anything about that. Good idea tho!

Is there any good guids to that? I checked this thread a few times (too look about fixing the lights) and didnt see anything about that. Good idea tho!

No video on the laces, but here is my video on steam slimming the toe.

There is no reason the same technique won't assist on the laces. I am sure I did this myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Got my Swoosh and decals today (the nike mag is a sticker and not 3D. I knew that when I bought it and since these arent accurate I dont really kind. Putting the letters on were harder than I thought but I think they came out eh lol. I tried the skim toe mod with the iron and I am pleased with how they came out ( I might try a little more later) and once my glue arrives I'll add the swoosh. I thought about taking the whole shoe apart to slim the laces but I decided not too as these are just a walk around pair and most people dont even notice the bulkyness
LINE_P20170215_134701337.jpgLINE_P20170215_134719685.jpg
Also saw people tho did glow in the dark parts (Im doing this for the Nike Strap for now) and I thought that was a cool idea, I thouhgt about trying to find ways to have no electronics what so ever but I dont think I'll go that way.
Cavx, did these have the straps reduced? How was that done? Doing at them from the back?
shoe.JPG

On a side not I really miss these shoeshyperdunk-mcfly-2015-02.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back