Unlimited Run Han In Carbonite (HIC) Volvo panel set

I'd likely be up for a set of 7 to finish out my set. My hero panel is a 2-part mold, but is the slush cast easy enough cut the windows out of to put the aluminum behind?

Thanks!

Yes, it's definitely easy to cut .. but why not put your aluminium over the resin that is filling the window?

Last edited:
I would be happy with a simple mold would it be possible to offer both the simple and 2 part ??

I plan on doing a second mold for the people who wants slush cast. I just need to figure out if it's worth it in the end. I'll compile the list of l interested parties tomorrow! It might just be another 2 parts mold too. [Edit, no more slush cast]

In the meantime, i just demolded my 4th copy and they're now to the point that i'd put them on my own HIC!

I'll try to now cast one in the morning before work and another one or two at night! It should go much faster now that I understand how to get proper copies out of this type of mold!

Last edited:
First post updated with pictures of final products!

Before next week, I'll have a second mold -- 2 parts or slush cast mold.

Last edited:
OK, here's more pics of the current production.

Right now, I'm casting 2 panels per day which is now really good .. my mold is now fixed to have really good cast, they do have small bubbles, nothing major and for the price, you guys will be pretty happy :)

photo 1 (1).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG

Here's a flawed panel .. my mold is vented now where the resin couldn't reach and it really helped that issue .. I have 3 right now .. not sure yet what I'm gonna do with those, basically, someone with styrene could easily fix this from the inside and you'd be good. I plan to sell them discounted: something like buy 7 get a flawed one to fix, but with some rebate on the price. Not too sure yet. Idea?

photo 3.JPG

I'd like a set of the slush cast. I'll need 8 panels of course. I would also take some of the 'rejects' off your hands for a discount if you want. Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

I'd like a set of the slush cast. I'll need 8 panels of course. I would also take some of the 'rejects' off your hands for a discount if you want. Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

You've been added .. there's a lot of demand for those defects panel .. I'm sending PM as I go!

crisp, clean details - very nice! why don't you block in those windows for us, what's the benefit of the end user cutting them all out?

crisp, clean details - very nice! why don't you block in those windows for us, what's the benefit of the end user cutting them all out?

It's not a question of benefit, but to get you something that is as close as possible to the real deal!

My next mold will have a flat sheet of styrene over the windows so you'll have the choice! :)

Definately interested here as well. Mostly interested in whatever ends up being the most cost effective (I'm cheap). I'll check back in soon for an order of 8 dependent on final price of each type. Great stuff!!

Second mold in progress guys. Will have closed windows on this one .. I'm just experimenting really! :)

It will be keyed in case I wan to go 2 parts anyway!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408892624.145065.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back