Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

This a thread that should be archived for sure. Very well put together with tons of info! The sad truth about the whole "Blaster Affair" is that many people who worked on that production (or close to it) left us and will leave us in a not too distant future.:(
The dead cannot speak and it's worrying to know that some of those props will re-surface at auction without those gatekeepers.

This a thread that should be archived for sure. Very well put together with tons of info! The sad truth about the whole "Blaster Affair" is that many people who worked on that production (or close to it) left us and will leave us in a not too distant future.:(
The dead cannot speak and it's worrying to know that some of those props will re-surface at auction without those gatekeepers.

I second some kind of archive or preserving this thread

Scott just released a video on his Patreon documenting and explaining this, hopefully one day he goes public with it

Boy, I have done some low-risk stage work and jokes like this don’t last longer than a few moments. This was so painful to watch. You can’t pause mid sentence, emphasize the wrong words and not sound like you’re making it up on the spot. Nobody was smiling. What the hell

Going public tonight at 6pm Central
Thanks! You definitely covered a few tidbits that I hadn't picked up on or fully understood in the threads, and a bunch of those photos were new to me.

I also appreciated the call-out to the t-shirt; now that this is on YouTube, I expect the orders will start rushing in!

One question:

As suggested by a comment that was just added to the video, is there continued disagreement about the Naked Runner upper? I'd gotten the impression from these threads that the consensus had shifted away from earlier thinking that it was the ANH upper to a current understanding that the NR gun was entirely a second C96. Does this remain a subject of debate?

The initial impression was naturally that The Naked Runner upper was the same used on the Hero prop, although I think the general consensus now is that the guns are entirely different (both upper and lower). The differences in bull barrel chamfers is documented enough, although as I have shown before the very best footage of The Naked Runner seems to indicate the serial numbers are wholly different to that of the 2813 Hero prop's.

Naked Runner Serial Number.png

bapty serial number.jpg

There is also the fact that the Naked Runner's bull barrel has a lock tab meant to secure the threaded barrel extension and the Hero's bull barrel does not, although I suppose one could argue that it or a new bull barrel was added at a later date. But there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that the two guns were entirely different.

Also I believe I am the one who originally posted the 'mystery' image that Scott discussed briefly in his video regarding the chamfers. I vaguely recall finding it on an old website with a description something or other like 'real bull barrel', but otherwise there was no source. Clearly enough it is a cast of a real gun, although looking at it closely now my gut is telling me that it's a modified resin cast of a MR Elite Edition Dl-44 (I could be wrong about that though).

The initial impression was naturally that The Naked Runner upper was the same used on the Hero prop, although I think the general consensus now is that the guns are entirely different (both upper and lower). The differences in bull barrel chamfers is documented enough, although as I have shown before the very best footage of The Naked Runner seems to indicate the serial numbers are wholly different to that of the 2813 Hero prop's.

View attachment 1624034

View attachment 1624035

There is also the fact that the Naked Runner's bull barrel has a lock tab meant to secure the threaded barrel extension and the Hero's bull barrel does not, although I suppose one could argue that it or a new bull barrel was added at a later date. But there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that the two guns were entirely different.

Also I believe I am the one who originally posted the 'mystery' image that Scott discussed briefly in his video regarding the chamfers. I vaguely recall finding it on an old website with a description something or other like 'real bull barrel', but otherwise there was no source. Clearly enough it is a cast of a real gun, although looking at it closely now my gut is telling me that it's a modified resin cast of a MR Elite Edition Dl-44 (I could be wrong about that though).

Yeah like I said in the video it's confusing what guns were used for what. The screen caps I used in the video of the ANH upper... are 100% the ANH upper, but may not be from NR movie. I don't recall what movie that was (I have my folder on the computer mislabeled as NR upper so I keep calling it that out of habit), but the grey lined case is the same as the NR movie case where as in Sweeny it's red lined.

I was pointing out in the video that THAT upper was 100% the ANH upper as you can see by serial... and the other photos of Frank Sinatra holding the other one is the one with longer bevels and the catch on the bull barrel.

So yes... TWO different uppers. I'm not too concerned with the lowers, as those are easy to be swapped around and we can tell those aren't used for ANH.

Yeah I don't remember that mystery cast, I just know the photo exists now and I have no context for it.

Thanks! You definitely covered a few tidbits that I hadn't picked up on or fully understood in the threads, and a bunch of those photos were new to me.

I also appreciated the call-out to the t-shirt; now that this is on YouTube, I expect the orders will start rushing in!

One question:

As suggested by a comment that was just added to the video, is there continued disagreement about the Naked Runner upper? I'd gotten the impression from these threads that the consensus had shifted away from earlier thinking that it was the ANH upper to a current understanding that the NR gun was entirely a second C96. Does this remain a subject of debate?

See above, but basically the same thing... maybe I was unclear because I was bouncing around. There are certainly two different bull barreled uppers that we KNOW for sure of... and then if we consider the Pawn Stars version is not matching either of the two known to exist in the 60s-70s via the photo and film evidence... did they have three bull barreled ones made back then, or just the two... and the Pawn Stars thing was made new to approximate them and to sell the rest as the original????

I think it would have been easy for him to MAKE a new bull barreled upper just to make a blaster for the Prop Store who rejected it and then Pawn Stars.... Heck he made everything else. Why not? Heck I Made a complete steel setup before, so no doubt they could.

What a wonderful and insightful video scottjua! Thank you for taking the time to make it and to sharing it publicly. Details are the hardest to grasp especially from pictures alone so it’s great that you are able to separate and show both the similarity’s and differences in each blaster. Thank goodness there’s no greeblie on that PS blaster though or we may all be out to lunch.. ;)

To piggy back off this in-depth video heres a bunch of side by side pictures of the PS vs Hero blaster that was posted a little while back. Below are a couple as well but more can be found in that above link if curious. Each blaster is in scale with the other and all the details (similar and different) are pretty much there as well. One detail not included though is the “Carson Lump” (EDIT “Pats patch” I mean! Carson’s lump is actually on it) on the Hero. Simply couldn’t find any good, clear pictures as to what’s actually happening.

PS blaster is the “top blaster or on the left side” in each picture while the ’77 SW Hero is the “bottom blaster or to the right” But together like this the details really do start to emerge. After seeing that wonderful video maybe you can spot them and others yourself? Pictures always speak louder than words..
91BCBED4-1583-4630-9841-7FF34DCEE3FC.jpeg
5CDC00EE-0C7F-44AC-A084-238E11962A5A.jpeg
F2C560C7-2A30-4D23-94C0-256BE4E51DBE.jpeg

CCE43589-D0D7-4F28-820D-C2F876654BD7.jpeg

1FC30E91-1913-4026-AD26-23EE78AA1C88.jpeg

CD5BDA10-B803-4122-958B-74BD4DC75D49.jpeg

Also.. it’s nice to see some picture montages I created make there way into another’s collection. Spotted a few of them. Especially from someone I revere as highly as Scott. Happy you are able to put them to good use. This one was edited together long ago to simply see all these details together on one page..
E08B98F8-2A21-421B-81B9-D40A25040ED8.jpeg

Here it is for others to enjoy as well..
FE7947C5-37C6-4622-93BD-DD4D71F44BA2.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back