Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I'm still working on the decrees. It turns out to be a really extensive project. It involves a lot of research. So far I have created 41 decrees (including variants). As already mentioned, there are differences between the decrees from the MinaLima print products, those shown on the studio tour and those actually used in the film. A major difference is the text at the bottom. Mostly a 5-liner at MinaLima. The decrees of the studio tour have 6 lines. Now I have also discovered one with 7 lines. Through my research I have a rough idea what the 6th line could be. But so far I haven't been able to find an official source that confirms it. Now I'm probably on the right track. If anyone owns "The Magic of Mina Lima" and would like to help me out, I would need a better resolution of the yellow marked texts. Many thanks in advance.
Here are the images that you requested. I also added a video. Looks the very bottom teeny-tiny lines are just gibberish, possibly placeholders for what ultimately ended up in the movie (not sure if it was changed for the film or if they actually used these graphics).

I also made a video because sometimes it's difficult having such a close-up image. There are two images in the body and one image and one video attached.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• HPGraphics.mp4
    5.8 MB
  • IMG_8382.jpg
    IMG_8382.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8383.jpg
    IMG_8383.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Many, many thanks for the effort and work you have put in. The text doesn't really make sense, but it's not a placeholder either. Variants with 5 and 6 lines can be found in the film, and the exact text was used. I also found a variant with 7 lines that simply repeats line 6. I have now reached over 60 decrees (including variants) and it is getting increasingly difficult to find good reference photos. At the moment I am looking for good reference pictures for the decrees: 14, 101, 103, 72 and 58. These can be found in the Studio Tour Tokyo. However, it is difficult to find pictures that show the upper left or right corner of the "decree wall" legibly. For 72 and 58, I am less interested in the text than in the fonts. If anyone makes a lucky find, I would be grateful to hear about it. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• lost.png
    lost.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Many, many thanks for the effort and work you have put in. The text doesn't really make sense, but it's not a placeholder either. Variants with 5 and 6 lines can be found in the film, and the exact text was used. I also found a variant with 7 lines that simply repeats line 6. I have now reached over 60 decrees (including variants) and it is getting increasingly difficult to find good reference photos. At the moment I am looking for good reference pictures for the decrees: 14, 101, 103, 72 and 58. These can be found in the Studio Tour Tokyo. However, it is difficult to find pictures that show the upper left or right corner of the "decree wall" legibly. For 72 and 58, I am less interested in the text than in the fonts. If anyone makes a lucky find, I would be grateful to hear about it. Thank you in advance.
A friend is going in november, he can take your photos, insert a blablabla in everything until there lol

I was working on the decrees some time ago... I have 44 decrees, and references for another 10 or 11. And I don't have ANY of the ones you're missing! (14, 101, 103, 72 and 58.) I'd love to see any pictures you find of those! I can share some of mine if you like, too.

Interesting. I have references for most of the decrees but don't recall seeing these. I have replicated much of the rest of them however.

I'm still working on the decrees. It turns out to be a really extensive project. It involves a lot of research. So far I have created 41 decrees (including variants). As already mentioned, there are differences between the decrees from the MinaLima print products, those shown on the studio tour and those actually used in the film. A major difference is the text at the bottom. Mostly a 5-liner at MinaLima. The decrees of the studio tour have 6 lines. Now I have also discovered one with 7 lines. Through my research I have a rough idea what the 6th line could be. But so far I haven't been able to find an official source that confirms it. Now I'm probably on the right track. If anyone owns "The Magic of Mina Lima" and would like to help me out, I would need a better resolution of the yellow marked texts. Many thanks in advance.
I tried my best but unfortunately this is a very tough part to scan due to being at the inner part of the page:
img20240503_15533646.jpg
img20240503_15562315.jpg

Also under further inspection I do have photos of those decrees you asked for:
1714748437785.png
1714748484781.png
1714748536272.png
1714748591340.png

Here are the images that you requested. I also added a video. Looks the very bottom teeny-tiny lines are just gibberish, possibly placeholders for what ultimately ended up in the movie (not sure if it was changed for the film or if they actually used these graphics).

I also made a video because sometimes it's difficult having such a close-up image. There are two images in the body and one image and one video attached.

Hope this helps
They used this filler in the movies, yes. Miraphora and Eduardo had a knack for using things like this. Of course it had to be adjusted for the prints however.

Here are all the decrees I have:

HP Deecrees.jpg

And here are two more I spotted in a photo from the Tokyo Studio tour, no 20 and one with a number I can't make out:

53408099008_11fdc88f1b_o.jpg

I have never seen the four posted by LorduDesign, any Idea what numbers they are?

I tried my best but unfortunately this is a very tough part to scan due to being at the inner part of the page:
Also under further inspection I do have photos of those decrees you asked for:

With deepest apologies for the late response. I took a short break from the decrees and was busy with other projects. In the meantime, I have reached 68 decrees (including variants) and was also able to add some decrees from the Umbridge Cafe (Tokyo). The references are great and will help me a lot to complete all the decrees from the Tokyo decree wall. I am only missing No. 103. Thank you so much again! It is not a matter of course and I really appreciate it.

For all others who are interested in this topic, I have attached a picture of the Tokyo and London decrees with numbering.

decat From the Decrees you posted from the Tokyo Studio Tour and the ones of Lordu:
  • No. 2: "ANY STUDENT FOUND IN POSSESSION OF A DECK OF EXPLODING SNAP CARDS will be severely punished."
  • No. 20: "STUDENTS FOUND RUNNING such that both feet ARE SIMULTANEOUSLY Leaving The Floor will be put in DETENTION."
  • No. 101: "ARTWORK DEPICTING..."
  • No. 14: "ANY UNAUTHORIZED ... FLOO POWDER..."
  • No. 58(?) "PINK IS..."
  • No. 72 "STUDENTS MUST CONSENT..." (Variant of No. 47)

Attachments

• Wall-Tokyo.jpg
    Wall-Tokyo.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
  • Wall-London.png
    Wall-London.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
For the sake of completeness, here is some additional information about the "CULINARY DECREES". Here is an excerpt from my project documentation:

Backlot Café​

While searching for reference images, I made an interesting new discovery.For the Professor Umbridge's Afternoon Tea section of the BacklotCafé Tokyo, proclamations were also hung as decorations. However,these bear the title "CULINARYDECREE" instead of"EDUCATIONAL DECREE".Some suspect that they were created specifically for this purpose.However, some may also have found a use in the original decrees. I ultimately decided to rename the title accordingly and incorporate the decrees into the collection. Consequently the highest decree number I am aware of is no longer 136, but 138.

Moreover, these decrees seem to have a slightly different aspect ratio. At least that's the impression I get from the reference photos I have available. I have been able to identify 6 decrees so far. I believe this is also the complete set. For decree 106, I have not been able to decipher the last word yet, but it could be "entirely". By the way, the heading "CULINARY DECREE" is in the well-known font"Archive Antiqua Extra Cond".

1715600942971.png

1715600962790.png

TheMaking of Harry Potter

The Decrees Wall at The Making of Harry Potter Tokyo proved to be a treasure trove of additional decrees I had not previously been aware of. The biggest challenge was finding good reference photos. With the help of reference photos from some Harry Potter Expos and a forum feedback, I was able to largely complete the decrees.

As of this writing, I am still missing decree number 103. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find suitable reference material or decipher the text on poorly resolved images. The text presumably begins with "THE INQUISITORIAL SQUAD".
If anyone has a reference photo, I would be more than grateful to see it.

Attachments

• 1715600822282.png
    1715600822282.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 1715600849591.png
    1715600849591.png
    502.2 KB · Views: 6

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back