Harry Potter: Hogwarts Textbooks

The font looks a lot like P22Cezan-Reg.ttf. That was the font used in Firefly. I bought it ages ago, perhaps I should take a stab at my own version ;)

thomas;)

Thanks :) I used a journal that I bought from a book store, and it is 5 in x 8 in (12.7cm x 20.3 cm) and 1 inch (2.5cm) thick at the spine. It's likely a little bit smaller than the prop, but i actually didn't have to change the design to make it fit, so it's about the same proportion!

Thanks :) I used a journal that I bought from a book store, and it is 5 in x 8 in (12.7cm x 20.3 cm) and 1 inch (2.5cm) thick at the spine. It's likely a little bit smaller than the prop, but i actually didn't have to change the design to make it fit, so it's about the same proportion!

Thanks! :) It looks GREAT! I saw you're also doing a Beedle The Bard book (I posted a new picture of the film version in Hinky's thread if you need one ;) )
Love your work!

@PhoenixVader : Do you, by any chance, have a reference picture of the "Rune Dictionary"

+1 I am going crazy searching the font (I supouse it is a font) used for the Adv potion making pages symbols. That is the only image I have seen that include some of the runes used in that book...

+1 I am going crazy searching the font (I supouse it is a font) used for the Adv potion making pages symbols. That is the only image I have seen that include some of the runes used in that book...

@demiguel.m: have you tried these fonts: agathodaimon, alchemist or alchemy yet? The other thing they might be is part of the Koch signs collection.

Did you get my PM about the other font you were asking about?

bfd

@demiguel.m: have you tried these fonts: agathodaimon, alchemist or alchemy yet? The other thing they might be is part of the Koch signs collection.

bfd

Yeah, I aswered you today, thanks very much again :)

About the font, really, I have seen more than 300 esoteric/magical symbol, runes fonts but nothing; I found a really great and BIG book about alchemy symbols, but I am no able to find that specific designs.

If someone wants to try... here is: Dictionary of occult hermetic alchemical sigils symbols

bfd

I was searching comercial fonts XDDDD I never thought search in dafont :D
Agathodaimon have 2 or 3 symbols used somewhere in book (potion) but it is used for the complete ilustrations frame of the bard book, great! There are another style of symbols more "handwritten" so now I am sure there was diferent sources for the symbols. probably one of them was : Witchfinder™ Complete Value Pack

Last edited:

Good to see you back here mate..

Are you still working on your Adv. Potion book?

Best

MARK

Good to see you back here mate..

Are you still working on your Adv. Potion book?

Best

MARK

Hi Mark! Pleased to greet you again :)
Yeah, I did 2 or 3 pages a few months ago and now I back to work.
Potion book pages are more unknown than grail diary, so I'm taking too long...
I probably will make a SA book, inventing only titles and keeping the text repeating over and over again as the original. I'll have to invent quite graphic content, that's why I am looking for the specific SA fonts used in ;)

Hi Mark! Pleased to greet you again :)
Yeah, I did 2 or 3 pages a few months ago and now I back to work.
Potion book pages are more unknown than grail diary, so I'm taking too long...
I probably will make a SA book, inventing only titles and keeping the text repeating over and over again as the original. I'll have to invent quite graphic content, that's why I am looking for the specific SA fonts used in ;)

Fantastic to know mate. I can't say I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but I AM a huge fan of your work. Your Grail Diary is still one of my most treasured prop replica's and if you do a run of these I would be in for one - for sure!

Keep us posted and thanks as always

Kind regards

MARK

Fantastic to know mate. I can't say I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but I AM a huge fan of your work. Your Grail Diary is still one of my most treasured prop replica's and if you do a run of these I would be in for one - for sure!

Keep us posted and thanks as always

Kind regards

MARK

Ok ;)
First of all, I must complete a lot of work on this prop. very much details must be studied and solved.

By the way, I rescue some of my others questions to this comunity:

4793716562_804505f65a_o.jpg

This intro page. Anyone can read it?
In the top: Franklin...? and some ideas about colleges in several cities too.
with more info maybe I could find the original wich is repeated and cross out..

Last edited:
I don't know if it's true, but I read that Mira Mina, made all the handwritting notes of this book.

Hi Monsters; Mira Mina? Who is she?
I have a feeling that it is a historical text like this.

Handwritten paragraph that was then duplicated.
Hi Juno (with some research on google about harry potter props it is difficult not to end at your page :thumbsup) but I don't know what you want to say...

Could not get a direct link to it, so here it is, description is under the photos of the HBP book, from EW:
"Open nearly any book in the background of a scene and you'll probably find its insides are just the London phone directory. Some volumes, however, required specially designed pages, including this mysterious textbook filled with the Half-Blood Prince's annotations and marginalia. "[Props concept artist] Miraphora Mina was the one who went through and did all of that scribbling," says Wilkinson."

It could be what you're thinking, but...
you could try to compare the handwriting on the repeated paragraph page and the notes(that were for sure made by her). :thumbsup

oh, thanks Monsters, I have that book, but English is not my first language so I sometimes I leave out details like this when I read.
Well, since Miraphora is a great calligrapher, I think is easy to her to change very much the handwriting texts, but I compared both and I still thinking about an historic original letter.

Can you read some phrases?

I'm trying to say that it was a single handwritten paragraph that was copied.

The text looks to be about colleges.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back