Harry Potter Props and costumes

i am new here but i figured i would post a few pics in this thread, since i am a potter fan of both the films and the books...

004-8.jpg

noble collection time turner and lifesize dobby the house elf...

hagrid1.jpg

Hagrid costume from last year during a harry potter theme weekend where i worked. Not accurate, but for 2 weeks notice, i think i did a decent job...i even made the massive platform boots that i am wearing..

Well upon recieving my Snape wand it looked great, but tonight I finally saw it under full light and now :wacko

Mostly what it was that caught me was the paint job, on the wand itself you could see the streak of the brush and they missed a few spots on the handle. That and I do notice as been stated that the head part is heavier then down at the handle, making it easy enough to cause damage to the handle. So I'll be sending this one back, not sure if I'll get a replacment, get a different wand, or wait for some of the newer ones to come in.

Well upon recieving my Snape wand it looked great, but tonight I finally saw it under full light and now :wacko

Mostly what it was that caught me was the paint job, on the wand itself you could see the streak of the brush and they missed a few spots on the handle. That and I do notice as been stated that the head part is heavier then down at the handle, making it easy enough to cause damage to the handle. So I'll be sending this one back, not sure if I'll get a replacment, get a different wand, or wait for some of the newer ones to come in.
Some screen-used Snape wands are not much better. I saw one that seriously looks like it had been doused in glossy black spray paint. Not a hero wand, I take it.

Does anybody know where to find replicas of the Gilderoy Lockhard Diplomas from Chamber of Secrets?
Thanks

does anyone have a source for getting cedric's wand besides getting the triwizard set from noble, or going through ebay? I'd like to try and get it for the same price noble offers there single wands they have available now.

I only know of the Trwizard set and the dealer on ebay who offers the Japanese version for about $50 before shipping is included.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where to find replicas of the Gilderoy Lockhard Diplomas from Chamber of Secrets?
Thanks
There was a run sold on Ebay in 2005 by seller arnoldflash:
arnoldflash on eBay

Here's the original description:
Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets Diplomas & Certificates
As seen in Gilderoy Lockharts class room, in the Chamber of Secrets these are full size prints direct from the hand painted originals used as genuine props in the Harry Potter films.

This is a unique opportunity to purchase these flamboyant and very cleverly written diplomas, each with its own sense of humour there are five in all to collect. All Diplomas are in the name of Gilderoy Lockhart and can be viewed on the special edition DVD of the Chamber of Secrets.
The full set of five are detailed below;
  • British Wizard Duelling Championship
  • Bravery Against Fantastic Beasts
  • Most Charming Smile
  • Britains Best Dressed Wizard
  • Order of Air Voyagers for Intrepid Wizards
The prints are approximately 380mm x 200mm, in full colour and exceptional quality. .... Don't forget, these are direct prints from the original hand painted items and are therefore not available anywhere else in the world.

You might contact the seller and see if any are still available.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any of the Hogwarts letters to Harry from the Philosophers Stone, I've always wanted one?

As for the Dobby that is fab :thumbsup

if you look in the paper prop thread someone posted up the letter as a word document. I printed it out yesterday in a few sheets of parchment paper from staples for .96 cents only thing I don't have is the envelope which I have no idea where to get one. That and the sirus black poster finally made an apperance.

if you look in the paper prop thread someone posted up the letter as a word document. I printed it out yesterday in a few sheets of parchment paper from staples for .96 cents only thing I don't have is the envelope which I have no idea where to get one. That and the sirus black poster finally made an apperance.

oh cool I will have a look thanks,

the sirius poster would be brill to have,

thanks

Wow these props are amazing! I've only got the Tri-Wizard set up from Noble Collection....I've got to get cracking!

Back