Hey kokkari, I just looked back through your thread and I didn't see anywhere where you said what type of glue you ended up using. What did you decide to go with for gluing the model together and also for gluing the panels onto the surface of the model? I just tested e6000 and it kind of worked but it was pretty easy to tear off so I'm not sure I'm happy with how strong it was.

Hey kokkari, I just looked back through your thread and I didn't see anywhere where you said what type of glue you ended up using. What did you decide to go with for gluing the model together and also for gluing the panels onto the surface of the model? I just tested e6000 and it kind of worked but it was pretty easy to tear off so I'm not sure I'm happy with how strong it was.
I did use E6000. I used it on all the armor plates that were missing and the sidewalls. I havn't had anything fall apart yet. I'm sure if I wanted to I could pry them off, but it's a model, so I'm not flying it around the house either. Well maybe a little. I like the E6000 because it can flex with the very flexible plastic of the model.

White paint, not silver. Silver is too reflective and will create hot spots. Flat white will disperse light more evenly.
the silver is better for light leakage
find a cheap storage box which has frosted finish, I used a curved frosted effect plastic bin I think it was only €4

I did use E6000. I used it on all the armor plates that were missing and the sidewalls. I havn't had anything fall apart yet. I'm sure if I wanted to I could pry them off, but it's a model, so I'm not flying it around the house either. Well maybe a little. I like the E6000 because it can flex with the very flexible plastic of the model.

Are you worried at all that over time panels might start to peel up slowly? That's my main concern.

Are you worried at all that over time panels might start to peel up slowly? That's my main concern.
I honestly don't know. I guess I'm kind of the guinea pig using the stuff. All I can say is it's been 4 months so far since I've finished and don't see any signs of it coming apart. Sorry, that's not much help.

I honestly don't know. I guess I'm kind of the guinea pig using the stuff. All I can say is it's been 4 months so far since I've finished and don't see any signs of it coming apart. Sorry, that's not much help.

FYI I just went to Home Depot and purchased "LOCTITE Plastics Bonding System" glue. It says right on the packaging "Works on hard to bond polyethelene and polypropolene". Tested it out on this falcon and its like they are one piece!! SUPER stong hold!

FYI I just went to Home Depot and purchased "LOCTITE Plastics Bonding System" glue. It says right on the packaging "Works on hard to bond polyethelene and polypropolene". Tested it out on this falcon and its like they are one piece!! SUPER stong hold!
SirCharles77 Is that stuff the same as the "LOCTITE 2 part epoxy for plastic"? Because I tried that stuff on my internal mount, which was heavy duty pvc. It initially held, but eventually gave way to the weight of the ship. which is not that heavy.

Here is a pic of it.

Yeah I plan to find a different way to support the mount on the inside. Something more permanent. But I think that this glue will work better on the seams like holding in my printer parts and holding the panels onto the model than E6000 will. Gonna test its strength after a few weeks of sitting and see if its weakened any.

Last edited:
If if you don't mind me asking, how did the loctite work out?

Here is a pic of it.
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums...ennium Falcon/20151019_080243_zpsvkasle44.jpg

Yeah I plan to find a different way to support the mount on the inside. Something more permanent. But I think that this glue will work better on the seams like holding in my printer parts and holding the panels onto the model than E6000 will. Gonna test its strength after a few weeks of sitting and see if its weakened any.

I joined this site just to post in this thread and say what an AMAZING job you've done kokkari !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you're still selling that kit of yours. I'll have to PM you on that.

I'm grabbing one of these off Amazon and doing this too. I was very interested in the DeAgostini MF but based on the price and all the threads I've read on it I'd rather go with this model at this time. Even at the over-inflated price of $100 on Amazon it's more than worth it to me. I've got A LOT of learning to do. I also want to weather and light this model up, build up the cockpit and make a great base for it. If there are any other guides out there which detail how to make one of these I'd love to hear about it.

I joined this site just to post in this thread and say what an AMAZING job you've done kokkari !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you're still selling that kit of yours. I'll have to PM you on that.

I'm grabbing one of these off Amazon and doing this too. I was very interested in the DeAgostini MF but based on the price and all the threads I've read on it I'd rather go with this model at this time. Even at the over-inflated price of $100 on Amazon it's more than worth it to me. I've got A LOT of learning to do. I also want to weather and light this model up, build up the cockpit and make a great base for it. If there are any other guides out there which detail how to make one of these I'd love to hear about it.

Go to this link it has what you need to know http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=216125.

Thank you I appreciate that. Yes I'm still producing the side walls. Just send me a PM and I'll give you all the details.

Awesome job kokkari! I wanted to say thanks for the inspiration on this thread. I picked up one of these models about a month ago and have been buying mod parts for it recently. I can't wait to start on it and there has been a lot of great information here. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to diving into this project even more now!

Awesome job kokkari! I wanted to say thanks for the inspiration on this thread. I picked up one of these models about a month ago and have been buying mod parts for it recently. I can't wait to start on it and there has been a lot of great information here. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to diving into this project even more now!
Thanks jmcdevitt! I just sold it last Friday. My kids and I all shed a tear when I sent it off yesterday.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back