Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

I tried searching this thread, but can't seem to find the answer. I'm working on the neck, and seem to be missing a piece. Inner neck, I have the base and the top 2 segments, but the joining segment between those shows up in the PDO viewer, but not on the actual unfold portion. I don't have the full program, just the viewer. Am I missing it on a separate page?

Hey Guys, I'm brand new to this forum and pepakura in general. I finally got the pepakura and everything all lciensed and figured out and got the files. I plan to use the waterjet at work to cut out all the pars on different colored foams to save myself time since Halloween is in 4 days, what i'm unsure sure of is lines and dotted inesetc...tried search the thread, but are all solid lines meant to be fully cut? dotted lines where folds occur? please help someone new to the community ;) major props to helegak this is unreal

There are 2 types of FOLDS
---------- mountain folds ^
-.-.-.-.-.-.- valley folds v

solid black lines are cuts, just be advised that some of the smaller bits are a lot harder to see as it is all scrunched up

thanks, i'm currently in the process of rescaling and cleaning up all the dxfs, and programming the pathing for the water jet while i wait for the colored foam to come in. whats a realistic time frame to fold glue/assemble one of these bad boys? keep in mind i won't have to hand-cut anything with a knife other than maybe a few recesses to help facilitate the bends

hi guys, newbie here, trying to make my first suit but cant get the mk42f files to download n matter what I try.
get onto 4shared, click download, wait the 20 secs but then says file error
any ideas please?

Building the helmet in paper now to see how the size is and the build. Just wanted to mention that some pieces of the cheek piece where not on the paper so i moved them onto the paper :D

Hello everyone
i finished my iron man suit last week using Helagaks files.
I finally made an account here because i want to say thanks for this awsome files and all the good and helpfull tutorials here.
I took a few pictures i hope you like it

20151101_120630.jpg20151101_120600.jpg20151102_174950.jpg

wow! Amazing! How did you do the painting and did you harden it and how?

i am not native english speaker i will try to explain it as god as possible
I made it out of cardbord
i did 3 coats of resin and then applied whats called bondo body filler i think.
it had fiberglass mixed in it made the parts really hard and steady
an than came the sanding and the sanding and some more sanding. i could start a gangster career because i had no fingerprints anymore.
for painting is used some regular acrylic spray cans. 2 coat filler then again sanding with 240K paper and 2 coats the actual paint
at last i did some weathering with a rather hard brush an some leftover black and silver paint.

My next project will definatly be a foam build the amont of sanding work and all the toxic stuff i used, even with a respirator mask, is just insane.

Big thanks for the all the PDO work on this. I'm going to attempt a foam build top to bottom for my son for Christmas. This will be my first full-suit build since I've been more or less just toying with helmets and weapons for the last couple of months. I just hope that I can get the scaling right.

Also, can I get some recommendations for foam to use in my build? I have the typical jigsaw EVA foam floor mats from Home Cheapo that I've been using for armor but this all looks really intricate. That stuff might not suffice. Might be too thick. Any advice?

Edited to reduce dummy-factor. I completely missed the part in the OP where Helagak posted IN BOLD the PDO of the entire suit.

Last edited:
Mr Helagak, thank you for making your files available. Although I didn't use your files for my builds, it's fellows like you who make it possible for fellows like me to get started on an amazing journey of learning all kinds of trades.

It looks like you can take his back file and look off the grid for all the pieces you would need for a paper build. Looks painful but at least it can be done.

Wondering if anyone could possibly help me out or any words of advise, I stand at 5'10" but want to put stilts in the boots to boost my height as close as I can to the actual height of the movie suits which Ive read have been anywhere from 6'7" +. I know the legs are usually cgi and added in later to give the suit the Larger Than Life appearance but Im wondering If I should built my suit to the my scale and maybe freehand the legs to look longer or if I scaled the entire suit to the boosted height I want if that would mess with my arms too much? Any advice please???

Wondering if anyone could possibly help me out or any words of advise, I stand at 5'10" but want to put stilts in the boots to boost my height as close as I can to the actual height of the movie suits which Ive read have been anywhere from 6'7" +. I know the legs are usually cgi and added in later to give the suit the Larger Than Life appearance but Im wondering If I should built my suit to the my scale and maybe freehand the legs to look longer or if I scaled the entire suit to the boosted height I want if that would mess with my arms too much? Any advice please???
Scaling it to movie height will be very difficult for you to wear unless you have freakishly long arms and torso. Scale it to fit your body then boost the soles of the boots. The suit from the ankles up must fit you, else knees, hips, etc aren't in the right places.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back