HL2 Gordon Freeman

deathscythe

I've been kicking the idea around for a while about doing the hazmad suit Freeman wears in the game Half Life 2. I don't know if it is any different than the one in the original Half Life, because I never played the first one. I'm basically just throwing this out there. I've followed this forum for some time somewhat loosely until recently, and I'm not sure how big video games really weigh in here, so I don't know if anyone here even knows what I'm talking about here... Has anyone here done this before? I have done some searches on the net to see, and they were none of them worth discussing. Were I to do this, I would consider making them upon request if there was interest.

Here's a quick pic:

0917Gordon_Freeman.jpg

What do you think?

I plan on making a foam crow-bar to go with.:cool
-ds

EDIT: Please move to costuming. -Oops. :/

Last edited:
I've been kicking the idea around for a while about doing the hazmad suit Freeman wears in the game Half Life 2. I don't know if it is any different than the one in the original Half Life, because I never played the first one. I'm basically just throwing this out there. I've followed this forum for some time somewhat loosely until recently, and I'm not sure how big video games really weigh in here, so I don't know if anyone here even knows what I'm talking about here... Has anyone here done this before? I have done some searches on the net to see, and they were none of them worth discussing. Were I to do this, I would consider making them upon request if there was interest.

Here's a quick pic:

0917Gordon_Freeman.jpg

What do you think?

I plan on making a foam crow-bar to go with.:cool
-ds

EDIT: Please move to costuming. -Oops. :/

Definitely interested-

Doc

Thanks for the intrest. I'll keep it in mind. I plan on making a life cast of myself to sculpt on, and I'm about 6 foot at around 180- so that will be the size you're looking at. Would you be wearing it or displaying it Doc?
It'll be a while before this is finished, but I can't wait to get started.

I may also make a conceptual helmet to go along with the armor...

-ds

I was going to do one a while back. My brother (BlueRealm who did the halo2 armor) was going to help. I've heard many times that I look a bit like Gordon Freeman. I don't see any resemblence.
gordon_freeman_big.gif

l_544461c80e76d5c6ee31df90bbe93835.jpg

Nah- you don't look the part at all.:lol

Glad to see I'm not the only one interested in this. I'd be willing to take a look at what reference images any of you may have. I have what I have, but that's not to say it's the same as what you've got. I feel confident that I have adequate reference material to do the armor justice, but you can't have too much.

Now I'll need to be looking for a pair of glasses...:cool
-ds

That suit is really cool too .. I've played HL1 and almost finished end but got sidetracked by some other game.

I wet through HL2 in no time, loved the game, a suit would definitely be interesting ... and I'm 6'3 190 as well :)

Keep updating us!

Ok- so, I think I've decided that this will be my haloween costume this year, so be prepaired to see finished pics at least by then.

Does anyone know a good place is to get carbon fiber? That stuff is pretty spendy, so if you know of a place to get it cheaper that would be great. I really don't like the idea of using stickers. It would kill the whole look.

With some more hunting, it looks like I've answered my own question on the carbon fiber.
I plan on ordering some supplies this week and start working on this.
I'll try and keep you posted.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back