Home Alone 2

LSARSWAL

Just some ideas for paper props:

d.jpg

polaroidscasette.jpg

homealonevideo.jpg

pic.jpg

great collection!

Also a high res pic of the polaroid pic of Harry n Marv would be good...

I always wanted the newspaper from the Home Alone 2 poster....

Here is a hi res scan of the letter...well the stationery without the handwriting...I'll get to that tomorrow....but this could be a good start for some of you who want to free hand it using the sample at the top of this thread as a good visual. I may need to adjust the spacing <<between the top logo and bottom line>> a little ...but again I will figure that out tomorrow or soon when I get the time to print it out... NOTE...This prop appears to be a little smaller than normal paper....so it will be needed to trim some from the edges to size the paper closer to the original <more of a stationery size...7x5....8x6....9x7 ??? I'll play with it a little to see what size I like best....And being ""The Plaza Hotel"" Im sure the paper quality is a fine watermarked type quality paper.

converted.jpg

Last edited:
WOW...Thats great....Thank you so much...! ! I have a fair amount of Home Alone 2 props now... I have the TalkBoy <series 1> before it got the name TalkBoy Deluxe...the TDK cassette tape....I have 2 of the Emerson clock radios...both working great, A set of John Perry made Turtle Doves <made from the same molds...and material as the originals> Kevins stalking hat, <still working on the letter>...his Swiss Army knife w/ magnifying glass (as seen outside of Duncans ToyChest) ....An italian made Pinnochio wooden doll as seen in Duncans Toychest...<< what I just realized was in the movie and ive had the doll for some time never knowing till last week when i was tv channel surfing and watched a bit of the movie...

I would love to see the newspaper .....Anyone have it....errrr...ummm..... or does it even exist as a replica prop....? ? ?

Being that this is a Christmas movie and it basically is Christmas time ...now would be a good time to contribute to this thread....or even a comment...etc etc...

Thanks all...been a member here a good number of years...well this is my 2nd id... my first screen name here some how is all locked so i had to make a new one several years back...but this is a great site...met alot of cool people here...just wanted to say that....

Merry Christmas Everyone -

Last edited:
yeah...they arent 100% accurate <<theyre more in the commemorative collectible toy category id say>>...but it is one of those props that you kinda take what you can get...it is close enough to the original to make me happy tho <<also it works...unlike the original screen one which was a non-working prop>> <<most people arent like us here on the site...watching movies frame by frame...lol>>...and being that it was a mass market produced item, with so many easily available <<then and even today>> id say most replica prop makers would have little to zero interest in trying to make a ""100% screen accurate version""...just wouldnt be worth it for the time or money... mine has pretty much been box kept for the past 20 yrs or so...and for that it has a really nice value to it now....around $100...$150 or so depending on who is selling it...or how high bidders go....not a bad investment either being that i paid $30 for it brand new. With all said, I would say it is still a worthy and affordable <$20 for a working un-boxed one> prop to have for any collector despite a few minor inaccuracies which most people would never notice or care about even if they did notice.

Last edited:
Here's the one of the posters for Home Alone 2. It has a full shot of the Newspaper with Marv and Harry on it. They apparently even wrote a fake article to go with it! I can only make out some of the text though.

Attachments

• mn.jpg
    mn.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Awesome...thanks....thats a good one too.. would be good for any collection or theater room...my nephew <age 7> loves this movie... i might even do an 8x10 of this for his room.

Here's the one of the posters for Home Alone 2. It has a full shot of the Newspaper with Marv and Harry on it. They apparently even wrote a fake article to go with it! I can only make out some of the text though.

On it! Just give me a little time...got some other projects to work on first :)

HomeAloneNewspaperPreview.jpg

HomeAloneNewspaperPreview.jpg

NIce job on the paper...thats a great start...cant wait to see the final product...ive always liked lady liberty on THE BACK PAGE lol.

Yup - Making progress But I'm not quite done with it yet. I'll see if I can wrap it up by the end of the week. Hate it when real life gets in the way of things like this haha

Here's where I stand with this project at the moment. Made the front more "screen" accurate as well as the back. The biggest problem is the photo on the front at the bottom is a photo taken by a set photographer so it's hard to something close in hi-res. I ended taking a screenshot from the Blu-Ray and flipped it. The other challenge has been decrypting the article text. So, slowly but steadily I'm getting it done.

HA2-Newspaper.jpg

HA2-Newspaper.jpg

Here's where I stand with this project at the moment. Made the front more "screen" accurate as well as the back. The biggest problem is the photo on the front at the bottom is a photo taken by a set photographer so it's hard to something close in hi-res. I ended taking a screenshot from the Blu-Ray and flipped it. The other challenge has been decrypting the article text. So, slowly but steadily I'm getting it done.

View attachment 494562

Looks good so far. I was trying to "decode" the text too, I think you got just about as far as I did.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back