Question How do you edit your thread title and title prefix? (answered)

Re: Editing a subject

When I hit the edit button a box with post text opens. In bottom righthand frame there are four buttons save, cancel, delete and advanced options.
Advance gives me access to title edit.

This possibly could be a moderator feature though not in the mod menu?

Yes they have the advanced option but the change is not reflected in the forum's thread listing.

It seems another mod must've seen Juno's thread marked "delete" and did just that because I can't find it.

Not in this case. Sometimes stuff isn't deleted but moved away from the view of the regular membership, but this one is gone-gone. :(

I take it this will require a change about how to get JY threads deleted, if the title cannot be changed by the user to reflect a sale.

That really sucks. I believe the thread had gone to 6 pages. I even modified the first post, AND added a new post to the end to make sure it didn't get deleted.
:angry

Really nobody's fault...it said in big capital letters DELETE, how were they to know you had tried to change it?

There are going to be bumps like this as we settle in here...sorry about the dust, as they say.

Really nobody's fault...it said in big capital letters DELETE, how were they to know you had tried to change it?

That was why I posted here AND in the thread. The thread had been titled delete for quite some time, so in reality it should have been deleted earlier which wouldn't have been a big deal, I just find it odd that with the new switch no one bothered to look in the thread to make sure (since there were new posts in it to move it to the top).

Re: Editing Thread TITLES????

I would like to see this option as well. It is extremely helpful when a user (like myself :p) has an "interest thread" that has now turned into a "This is a go! See pics within!" thread. Makes it much easier for the members to see that the status of a project has changed.

-Ss

Re: Editing Thread TITLES????

I would like to see this option as well. It is extremely helpful when a user (like myself :p) has an "interest thread" that has now turned into a "This is a go! See pics within!" thread. Makes it much easier for the members to see that the status of a project has changed.

-Ss

I second that emotion.

Editing thread title. How to...

As you may have noticed by now, the new software is more complex than the old. This means much more features and security and all that, but that sometimes leads to -> :wacko :confused:cry (at least it does for me :lol)

A big one is that people want to edit their thread titles but didn't know how. This is because there are two different titles:

1. Thread title
  2. Post title
When you reply to a post, there's a box that displays what title you want to give your post. This is mostly to help with hybrid/threaded views (top right of the page, under "Display Modes"...)

When you go to start a new thread, you type in your thread title, which sets the thread and post title. Then later, when you edit it, it doesn't update! This is because you're editing your POST TITLE. You have to update your THREAD TITLE.

This is how:

On the top right of each post, there's a "Thread Tools"... this allows you to do a ton of stuff, one of which is to edit your thread title! Check the "Edit Thread" option, then "Perform Action." Yay!

Look at the attached image for reference.

Re: Editing thread title. How to...

Uhm... I don't got that there menu up in my Thread tools...

tools.png

Unless it's hidden in plain site and I can't see it (as many things tend to be)

Last edited:

Damn! Thanks for that buzzkill. ;)

Well, that's how you would edit... I'll figure it out.

Actually, what menus are available to you in the upper right? Save me some footwork. ;)

Glad to help :lol

I have thread tools (seen), search this thread, rating, and display modes.

Nothing under any of those for editing, just "search" and a link for advanced search, rating the thread, and how I want it to show up (linear, hybrid, threaded).

When I hit edit (at the bottom), and "go advanced" it allows me to edit the POST and the POST title, but nothing there with thread at all, except a link to the original (which is kind of odd)

Tried it in various themes, no change in those either.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back