Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

I'd love one of these if the materials are improved. Are the wings reinforced somehow? It seems like they would sag over time.

Steve thats great on the change to Smooth-On resins. I think their the best even though some old die hards will disagree. Looking forwatd to this coming back on line. I sent you an email last week. Could you respond to that please.

Just found this image, thought you might like it :

87VF.jpg

Ash.

Hiya,
I was just wondering if anyone here can help me with something? I'm working on a shuttle build of my own & I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what model kit or kits these parts are from? Alternatively if anyone happens to have or can make a cast of them that I could buy that would be even better, either version would be great.
Help me RPFers, you're my only hope!:cry

shuttleparts1.jpg

Merci beaucoup, MonsieurTox! :)

Although while the tank doesn't look like it'll be a problem the Kawazaki is another matter entirely. I don't think I could justify spending hundreds of pounds for 3 vital parts. :/

Last edited:
Seriously?!? Wow! :eek
I may just buy the kits, make a casting of the parts I need without damaging them & try getting as much of my money back as possible by selling the kits on a bit cheaper with full disclosure about what's been done.

You know, many years ago I build the old AMT kit of this shuttle and totally loved it, but you are giving a while new meaning to this cool shuttle modeling. I really like it a lot. I'll be honest I have gone through the 37 pages to read how this is coming along, but believe me I will be doing such soon. Also, I'm glad that your are taking plenty of pics. So, keep up the good work ;)

Mike

G'day all

I'm taking a crack at this model myself and am in need of some good close up shots of the original model used in the movies and in the exhibit that's going around the globe. If anybody has some and would be willing to send them to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Johno

Last edited:
Pretty sure mine are online somewhere still mate. I'd hit up the ref section at ssmodeler.com. I'll check...nope, there is a decent set there tho... Shuttle Tyderium- Imperial Shuttle - will have more of a hunt around; can re-up if necessary but have a client problem right now.

Last edited:
Pretty sure mine are online somewhere still mate. I'd hit up the ref section at ssmodeler.com. I'll check...nope, there is a decent set there tho... Shuttle Tyderium- Imperial Shuttle - will have more of a hunt around; can re-up if necessary but have a client problem right now.

Thanks Nwerke :)

I noticed on that link is a part saying

"Star Wars Saga Blu Ray Shuttle Tyderium Screen Grabs"

Does that mean they actually made another shuttle Tyderium just for the blu ray release? Or did they just use the original model again? I had assumed they just used CGI models for the new extended parts to the movies.

I was lucky enough to have found those images in your link already and have been using them to build the shuttle to a certain degree. Those are excellent photos. Thanks for the links :) If you have any more, particularly of the back and bottom that would be great thanks

I'm also planning on making the Blockade Runner, Star Destroyer, Imperial Speeder Bike, Rebel Snowspeeder and of course the Falcon :) .

I have already made tie fighters, tie interceptors, X-wings, Battle Droids, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, Gonk Droids, Astromech Droids, E-11 Blaster and a Stormtrooper Helmet.

Last edited:
No, no, there's a reference gallery on the blu-ray disc set, is all. Turnarounds of some of the models, a bunch of new behind-the-scenes pics, etc.

You should post a thread with pics of that lot! :thumbsup

Oh ok, I see :) I have yet to see the blu ray edition as they didn't release the original theatrical release on blu ray and after buying the original star wars trilogy maybe 7 or 8 times now I think I'll wait for the original theatrical release on blu ray to come out. I'm sure it will one day :)

G'day all

I'm taking a crack at this model myself and am in need of some good close up shots of the original model used in the movies and in the exhibit that's going around the globe. If anybody has some and would be willing to send them to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Johno

I took over 200 shots of the shuttle at the Montreal exhibit this past summer. You can find them here
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=B9FE...#cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!109

Bigturc also posted some here http://sdrv.ms/LKhkRd

Steve

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back