Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

It's a real shame, when my trun came last year, i didn't have all the money and now that i have it, the source of it is back to the wild...

Has anyone heard from Steve lately? I hope he's OK.

I hope his customers are OK. I have friends still waiting on parts. BIG parts in some cases.

I've told people many times that Steve isn't a fly-by-nighter. He won't ever disappear entirely.

I do worry that sooner or later the mods will decide to pull the pin, though.

thank you guys for the info... can someone please give me the link to Julien's thread?

I have some vague idea that it's somewhere or other in the Studio-Scale forum. Hunt around for a few hours and you might find it. Julien's username is MonsieurTox. Hint: you might - gasp! - have to look beyond the first page. :p

thanks I have found him and even sent a pm.. I was wondering.. is there some sort of blueprints or reference material from the original tydirium? on what kind of reference do these guys build their versions?

I hope his customers are OK. I have friends still waiting on parts. BIG parts in some cases.

I've told people many times that Steve isn't a fly-by-nighter. He won't ever disappear entirely.

I do worry that sooner or later the mods will decide to pull the pin, though.

I have some vague idea that it's somewhere or other in the Studio-Scale forum. Hunt around for a few hours and you might find it. Julien's username is MonsieurTox. Hint: you might - gasp! - have to look beyond the first page. :p

I paid Steve in August of 2010 for the Shuttle Tydirium, the Tie Fighter and Tie Interceptor and have yet to receive anything but excuses. I'm lost my patience, but don't know what to do anymore.

You paid for 3 Kits and havent received any of them?? Thats not nice

I've been ignored by Steve for many months now too. However if you notice on Modeler Magic NICE n DESIGN is selling off stuff big style. Something has clearly gone wrong somewhere as I'm sure he wouldn't be parting with these items unless he had to.

If anyone is in touch with Steve and can tell us what's up it may help those who have payments waiting to be honoured....

Nick

thorskywalker, drop me an email and I'll send you the plans I drew up..they will help, even if you just use them as a starting point...

0040328.jpeg

0164082.jpeg

0195680.jpeg

6601064.jpeg

N

Last edited:
Ive got a Kit for sale but it does take some skills and needs work. I had 2 with intension of building and selling one but I haven't got round to even finishing one yet. I would recommend replacing bits with kit parts but with skill & a lot of patience it could be a stunner.

forget if i said it way back..
but again neil...thats some beautiful drawings.
really appreciate you sharing all your hard work (and i'm only speaking of the drawings)..not to mention the SBS of your build also.

I'm really sorry to hear that Neil, especially after you have done such a great job patterning the shuttle. That's not good at all.

I must admit I've just hooverd off your plans as they look spot on. I always loved the sleek look of the cockpit on the ILM model compared the the awful version they offered with the kit, which looked to be based on the full scale prop. You managed to nail it perfectly.

Hope your next project ends more satisfactorily for you.

N

Waited for 7 months, which is 2 years ago for the kit and begging for 1 year for the missing parts. I have finally received my missing parts from Richard. I am a bit more lucky then some of the folks here, that I did get the kit. Finally I can start to build. Unfortunately the kit was poorly casted, airpockets all over the kit, after putting the wings together the gaps needs to be heavily filled with resins. Guns are extremely fragile, they also needed to be replaced by metal tubing.

It's not a lost that you have not purchased the kit, the original builder Neil had done such a amazing job on the shuttle, it's a shame that it's ruined by the mold makers. (I'm sure the ones they cast for themselves was excellent, but the ones for sell...... no quality control)

For the folks who are considering buying kits from builders on this site, I strongly suggest you to reconsider. From my personal first time shopping experience on this site, it has given me only frustration and disappointment, nothing else. They will receive your $$ and you have no security, no garantee and protection that it will be shipped to you. If they don't, you can't really chase for refund.

Unless you really know the builder well or you have sources to find them personally, otherwise buying here is like buying luck. Just what Neil mentioned above "GOOD LUCK"!!!!!!

Wow they aren't the best pix dude but that makes me feel a he'll of a lot better about my kit. I was one of the first to get this when Steve first released the kit. Apart from the cockpit arriving smashed due to not being packaged properly. And brass tubing sticking out of the wings where it tapers off at the angle... Oh and the top half of the main body being cast so thin it has warped badly and won't support the weight of the upper fuse and dorsal wing due to it's thickness or lack of it.

Sad as this promised to be the ultimate kit in my opinion. I followed neils thread from the beginning and couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Since then it has sat in it's box waiting for a new cockpit which Steve was going to send months ago.

Like many others I am not holding my breath. There's an old saying " you can't polish a turd" but I believe with this kit it or at least mine is salvageable . Good luck with your build man.

Simon.

Wow guys. I too thought this was going to be a fantastic kit and a gorgeous model. I was going to wait and try to get one later as this came out when the recession hit.

I guess I got lucky I didn't get sucked in.

I hate hearing all these stories.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back