Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

My refrigerator is a 1949 GE, built like a tank

Yeah, in a series of films where the impossible happens on a regular basis... The CONCEIT was ruined because we SAW what the nuclear blast did to the surrounding structures... it shredded them. Indy would NOT have been safely blown up, up, and away in the fridge. The fridge would have been torn to shreds near ground zero, with the Indy meat-sickle inside. The "lead lining" MIGHT help reduce exposure to subsequent radiation following the blast, but the STRUCTURE of the fridge itself would never hold up to the shockwave and heat from the explosion.

150120-atom-bomb-test-03-1024x998.jpg

150120-atom-bomb-test-02-1024x1020.jpg

150120-atom-bomb-test-06-1024x1012.jpg

150120-atom-bomb-test-20-1024x1024.jpg

991b96704f70ab62578bf65f2b40%2Fgettyimages-2637044.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, in a series of films where the impossible happens on a regular basis... The CONCEIT was ruined because we SAW what the nuclear blast did to the surrounding structures... it shredded them. Indy would NOT have been safely blown up, up, and away in the fridge. The fridge would have been torn to shreds near ground zero, with the Indy meat-sickle inside. The "lead lining" MIGHT help reduce exposure to subsequent radiation following the blast, but the STRUCTURE of the fridge itself would never hold up to the shockwave and heat from the explosion.

View attachment 1713493

View attachment 1713494

View attachment 1713495

View attachment 1713496

View attachment 1713497
Having watched Temple of Doom in the last two weeks, I actually think that the raft landing on the mountain is more believable than the raft launching off the mountain into a river. And both are way less a suspension of disbelief than the fridge.

Lol just saw that you can get free ticket to this movie if you spend 35 dollars at Applebee's lol
What's ridiculous is that the add says you get TWO free tickets if you spend $70 !

...and if you or a loved one is spending more than $70 at your local Applebee's, then please get help...

God that Fedora looks horrible…..
HJ said they styled this one off a late 1960s cut. While 1930s fedoras were styled in an exaggerated flair, with almost comically oversized crowns (think Mugsy in Looney Tunes), fedora wearing was beginning to disappear in the early 60s. Many blame Kennedy not wearing a hat at his inauguration as the trigger, but the truth is hat wearing was already dwindling in the 1950s. With the advent of the family vehicle, many men simply found it easier to get in and out of their cars without a hat. In response, hat makers begun making the crowns shorter and the brims more accommodating to car seats.

Odd thing to blame it on that, when they've already finished filming.
I thought so too, but they still have editing to do, and other Hollywood unions will be in solidarity with the writer's strike. Plus, Cameron won't get any pick up lines recorded without the writers. He could arguably do it himself, but I'm sure he, like a lot of the other directors, are acting in solidarity too.

Last edited:
I don't know a single person who collects Avatar merchandise, nor do I see any fan groups or have I even heard people discussing it until late last year when the release date for part 2 was closing in.
Just because we aren’t familiar with it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

There are Avatar collectors boards out there, and Tree of Souls is a forum, much like any Star Wars or Star Trek forum, dedicated to the film.

Just because we aren’t familiar with it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

There are Avatar collectors boards out there, and Tree of Souls is a forum, much like any Star Wars or Star Trek forum, dedicated to the film.
I never claimed fan groups/ forums for Avatar didn't exist. I was just saying they aren't as prevalent or as popular as a property like Indy or Star Wars which has countless forums and subforums dedicated to each.

Mind you, I'm not saying there weren't rough patches, back in the day, but that today's utter lack of civility and the all-out-war between fans and studios is a whole different ballgame.

The arguments over the prequels were a schoolyard brawl compared to the vile behavior, doxxings, etc. that we see now. And social media has a lot to do with that.
Fan hate did turn Jake Lloyd into a recluse and Hayden also got alot of hate for his “wooden acting” which definitely impacted his career. A shame since he is a good actor after seeing him in Shattered Glass. Im just saying we werent so rosy in the past either although agree with you that things are far worse now.

Yes, of course. And we're seeing it all slowly come to light. Child abuse, money laundering, actual Satanism, everything.
And this really killed Hollywood for me personally. Most actors and directors are such unlikable entitled dicks that I dont want to support them/see their stuff. Nevermind having a warped sense of morality and its a little frightening how much we let them get away with because they are famous. I mean Ezra Miller has to have a vault filled with blackmail on Warner Bros executives to not be cancelled and jailed.

Fan hate did turn Jake Lloyd into a recluse and Hayden also got alot of hate for his “wooden acting” which definitely impacted his career. A shame since he is a good actor after seeing him in Shattered Glass. Im just saying we werent so rosy in the past either although agree with you that things are far worse now.

And this really killed Hollywood for me personally. Most actors and directors are such unlikable entitled dicks that I dont want to support them/see their stuff. Nevermind having a warped sense of morality and its a little frightening how much we let them get away with because they are famous. I mean Ezra Miller has to have a vault filled with blackmail on Warner Bros executives to not be cancelled and jailed.
Yeah, I was never, ever on board with attacking the actors, or with people like Patton Oswald wanting to "kill George Lucas with a shovel".

Now, however, that kind of talk is commonplace, and it's coming from both sides. Just look at Ruin Johnson calling critics of his disasterpiece "manbabies", and so on. Hollywood egos are generally weird and fragile to begin with, and now they rarely hesitate to label or attack their paying audience.

We'll see what kind of spin and bitter attacks come out of the inevitable INDY 5 debacle. James Mangold already had a Twitter meltdown, last year.

Yes, of course. And we're seeing it all slowly come to light. Child abuse, money laundering, actual Satanism, everything.

I am particularly disturbed/disgusted by the long-standing act of Hollywood "grooming" young actors/actresses until they are of technically legal age, and then pouncing on them like a predator. I have young children, so it hits REALLY close to home.

Yeah, and the all too common Hollywood refrain of: "I'm dealing with mental health issues... please give me a pass... please see me as a victim.... it's not my fault... I'm seeking professional help"

spock you dont say GIF

The false veneer of stardom has long been erased for me. I can appreciate talent and I can often overlook the personal lives/ actions/ politics of celebrity and try to judge their art on it's own merits. Separate the art from the artist and all that, though that does get harder to do the more you learn about certain people/ studios, etc. I think the culture shift to document every waking moment and this desire to achieve fame without requiring any discernable skill or talent have only fueled the deplorable behavior of a lot of celebrities. Let's face it, most were entitled dickheads, only now the cult of self is only magnified because society at large rewards selfishness, impatience, and arrogance so actors have no reason to change when the general public does the same. Actors just get paid millions for the privilege.

Here's a happy medium: grab an early lunch at somewhere you KNOW you enjoy (it would be a local sushi place for me), and then go see it at a matinee, where you're not paying the post 3:00pm increased $$$ ticket price. OR, see the matinee and THEN go for an early dinner at your restaurant du jour. Either way, try to avoid the $6 Coke and the $10 popcorn and $5 M&Ms at the theater; use that $$ for your meal instead. Take a friend or significant other and you'll have something to discuss either way.

Not sure if EVERY-where has it, but many cities have discount theaters where a film will be shown once it has completed it first theatrical run, often at a discounted ticket. If you wait a month or so, Indy 5 should be there.

Don't think of it as "I'm not giving Disney/Lucasfilm my $$ for this pile of crap." Knowing the the local theater overall gets ~ 50% of the ticket sales (and all of the concession sales), think of it as: "I'm on assignment to critique this new Indy Adventure and I'm going to game the system to see it for the cheapest price legally possible." and just have fun with it.

...or not.
Mostly "or not." in that case: I'm Swedish, and I live in Sweden, where ticket price is the same no matter what time you go see the particular film.

Also, they have a rule for not being allowed to bring snacks/beverages purchased from a store or whatever. However, they cinema complex here in my hometown they have announced that we ARE allowed. :rolleyes:

Also, their prices for soda and candy/popcorn is expensive as hell.

Only once in a blue moon do they have screenings of older films here. Basically only in the two largest cities. Your system sounds better.

Right you are and us, useful idiots, have to vote with our wallet! But, sometimes, you get a McDonald burger instead of a fantastic meal at "Nubo"...because for X reasons, you're game for it and F it; I need some kind of a change of mind with a so-so movie:lol:
Precisely.

Though it's surprising and informative how much time those who exercise their right to vote with their wallet, spend telling everyone that they do so.

It's almost enough time to rival vegans.

Yeah, I was never, ever on board with attacking the actors, or with people like Patton Oswald wanting to "kill George Lucas with a shovel".

Now, however, that kind of talk is commonplace, and it's coming from both sides. Just look at Ruin Johnson calling critics of his disasterpiece "manbabies", and so on. Hollywood egos are generally weird and fragile to begin with, and now they rarely hesitate to label or attack their paying audience.

We'll see what kind of spin and bitter attacks come out of the inevitable INDY 5 debacle. James Mangold already had a Twitter meltdown, last year.
True and completely agree. Never condoned and condemn anyone for attacking a person for their acting or direction in entertainment. I get that its easy to hate the actor by mixing them up with the character, especially if they do a great job (love Lena Headey but her role as Cersei does make her detestable. She plays unhinged really well) but even bad acting shouldnt result in death threats which some people do all too casually and it only takes one bad actor (person not craft lol).

But yeah, it was honestly surprising to see RJ’s reaction but its become commonplace. Its obvious that these people want people to laud praise on them for their ”genius” and so are bitter when we dont tell them they are the greatest of all time. RJ definately wanted people to say stuff like “Star Wars is finally for adults thanks to RJ”, “he made it mature and meaningful,” etc. Feig thinks his female Ghostbusters flopped because of “anti-Hilary hate” (no its because your movie sucked from basically feeding trolls and having your actors adlib without direction because they are professional comedians), and Banks blaming her flopped movie because “men dont go see women do action movies.”

Yeah, Manigold already had a meltdown when people called him out on replacing Indy with a woman with him staunchly denying it. Since this might actually be the case, he is going to have another when people call him out on it again and use his words against him.

The false veneer of stardom has long been erased for me. I can appreciate talent and I can often overlook the personal lives/ actions/ politics of celebrity and try to judge their art on it's own merits. Separate the art from the artist and all that, though that does get harder to do the more you learn about certain people/ studios, etc. I think the culture shift to document every waking moment and this desire to achieve fame without requiring any discernable skill or talent have only fueled the deplorable behavior of a lot of celebrities. Let's face it, most were entitled dickheads, only now the cult of self is only magnified because society at large rewards selfishness, impatience, and arrogance so actors have no reason to change when the general public does the same. Actors just get paid millions for the privilege.
True. Social media has hurt us in general and the trouble makers seem to be the ones that get popular and attention, thereby incentivizing others to pursue similar behavior.

I have less than zero patience for Hollywood figures throwing tantrums on social media.

I mean, come on. Grow up. You are middle-aged adults who made yourselves public figures by choice. You're being paid millions of dollars to stick your fingers into stuff that other people cherish like religious texts. Stop throwing turds at random fans on Twitter and focus on doing a competent job.

True and completely agree. Never condoned and condemn anyone for attacking a person for their acting or direction in entertainment. I get that its easy to hate the actor by mixing them up with the character, especially if they do a great job (love Lena Headey but her role as Cersei does make her detestable. She plays unhinged really well) but even bad acting shouldnt result in death threats which some people do all too casually and it only takes one bad actor (person not craft lol).

But yeah, it was honestly surprising to see RJ’s reaction but its become commonplace. Its obvious that these people want people to laud praise on them for their ”genius” and so are bitter when we dont tell them they are the greatest of all time. RJ definately wanted people to say stuff like “Star Wars is finally for adults thanks to RJ”, “he made it mature and meaningful,” etc. Feig thinks his female Ghostbusters flopped because of “anti-Hilary hate” (no its because your movie sucked from basically feeding trolls and having your actors adlib without direction because they are professional comedians), and Banks blaming her flopped movie because “men dont go see women do action movies.”

Yeah, Manigold already had a meltdown when people called him out on replacing Indy with a woman with him staunchly denying it. Since this might actually be the case, he is going to have another when people call him out on it again and use his words against him.

True. Social media has hurt us in general and the trouble makers seem to be the ones that get popular and attention, thereby incentivizing others to pursue similar behavior.

Spot-on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back