Interest Interest in acrylic covers for our display stands?

TCSloan

Some of you had expressed interest when we started offering our DL44 stands about getting a cover made for it. At the time I was not able to, but now I can offer these.
I will be using 3/16" thick acrylic ,while a bit more expensive than the usual 3mm stuff some offer, its less prone to get broken or cracked.
The edges will be rounded off..I dont have a DL44 cover sample to show yet, but heres one I made for my Baroness to give you an idea of the results.
100_1460.JPG
I will be getting ready within the next week to start making display cases, each made from 3/16" thick acrylic.

Last edited:
Re: Interest in acrylic covers for our DL-44 display stand?

ok..guess this project was dead before it started :rolleyes

In my case, I need to totally redo my prop room. As it is now, I do not have any room for stands even though I have plenty of items I would like to get stands and cover. It would be nice to know the option exists in the future.

It might be the timing of it. This is something that I would probably be interested in and asking a bunch of questions about, but Christmas is going to be digging into my wallet until January.

I thought that might be the case..I'll bump this thread again after Christmas ..meanwhile anyones more than welcome to post interest for after Christmas/New Year. Im not asking for any deposits anyway..just wanted to see what kind of real interest there might be before spending all that money on getting the material.

Can you do covers for other things as well? Specifically...

I used to own a MR Trek TOS Phaser. The case was damaged and I got a replacement from the company. The base is still usable but I need a new cover. I am getting the Wand Company Phase for Christmas and may consider using the base to display the phaser. If I do, I would like to have a cover.

not yet, for the covers Im having to order the material in bulk,precut ..so for now its a full run of 1 cover,then onto the next..until I get better equipment to be able to cut them myself.

love the stand I bought off you, and will grab others, but for me, I just handle mine too much... and let others... so covering would just be a pain.

It'd look sweet though. Good luck. I would think lots of people would want them after the Christma$ season.

Heres a prototype Ive made for the Moebius BSG. One big change that will be made is the top front and back will be one piece ..just waiting on my heat strip to arrive so I can bend the part for production, but this will be one available. It will have a black acrylic base and mirror top. Basically MR style, but the supports will fit into the base instead of glued on top. ..please ignore my finger prints :facepalm
100_1548.JPG100_1550.JPG100_1553.JPG

Heres my latest sample..this will show the single piece bent to shape for the front/top/back
This one was made for the 6" figures, which have pegs and an engrave on the base.
100_1603.JPG100_1604.JPG100_1606.JPG

Well, I missed this thread. Mom died in early November, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas.... So anyway, I am in for two covers for the most excellent DL-44 stands you did for me. I don't know if you are up for something this big, but I have an MR Boba Fett blaster that is complete except for the cover. It would be approximately 36 x 7 1/2 x 12.

thanks.

Mike

Looks like I won't need a cover for my MR phaser stand. The Wand Co. phaser remote is not compatible.

however, not to get off topic. Could you make a case for this phaser that would incorporate the magnetic stand? I was thinking that if you did a two ply base like you usually do but make a cutout in the top ply that would perfectly fit the magnetic base. Of course I would be wanting a cover. A lot of people bought those remotes so there might be a demand.

ahh ok, Id pass on it since Id need to fit the case cover to an existing base..which I wont do, too much of a pain to get these covers to fit an exact size. Its alot easier to design a base to fit a case. If I were doing these by machine, sure,unfortunately Im not. Theyre bent by hand and heater strip.

Their is no existing base (not to the extent that you would have to fit a cover to). My idea is that you make a base but instead of making brackets to hold the phaser, you simply cut a hole in the top layer of the base to fit the existing magnetic stand. I could sketch a picture if I am not making myself clear.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back