Iron man attempt

Pandemic

Hey everybody well im new, but here is my attempt to do an iron man build. very original i know. well check out the pics and share some advice. Thanks :confused
P.S any one whom is well versed in molding and would like to share some how to, it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Re: Iron man statue/ wearable coustume

who's pep files did you use? because if thats a robo pep, then i suggest you download the supports man. you dont connect the upper parts of the back and chest because it stretches the chest unnecessarily. to connect the chest and back, you need to brace to go inbetween.

I think it is robos files, i didnt think about struts... well ive allready resined everything so i hope it still turns out. when i make the MARK 6 i will def do it with struts.

jwstroud be carefull which files you use.. what type do you want to build? I see a round shape arc reactor so you are probably after Mark 2, 3 or 4.. if you use Robo's files it's mark 4. be carefull that you don't mix them up.. cause there are differences!!

The struts really help shaping up the models your chest-back's sideview looks like something went wrong and I hope it will still fit afterwards.

the helm and neck look really good, they are ready for the next phase. keep up the work. I love looking at people making Ironman suits

To me it looks like the chest is mk5.
The MK4 according to the Artbook is the Suitcase version.

always thought the round arcreactor from Ironman2 was 4 and suitcase was 5.
mmm.. artbooks... good idea..!! /lick thanks!

The suits are numbered according to their appearance in the movies. IV is the new styled chest with the round arc light, seen first in IM2. MK V is the suitcase suit, seen second.. and then MK VI is the triangle arc light like everyone already knows.

Even though it may say that the suitcase suit is the MK IV in the art book, everywhere else its considered the MK V, even on an iron man poster i have currently hanging in my room.

Ok guys one thing ive noticed that some people overlook on the iron man armor is the areas between the main armor pieces, well i have been thinking and i belive i have found a solution. i did a quick proof of concept with the fingers and wanted to see what you all think. if this works well on the hands i will also use a simular technique around the elbow, wrist knees ect. any ways i have a reference pic as well as mine please let me know what you all think

Looks like wireloom, and it looks nice.

But can you find wire loom that has a wide enough diameter to fill the elbow joint or underarm?

Build is looking good by the way!

i can find wire loom , however tey sell sometin very simular for sewae wast in r/v's and campers. and thanks

ok so my last post i was apparently drunk, what i was gonna say was i havent found wire loom big enough, however they have something simular that is used for waste from campers and r/v's. also got some more pics to post boots done, handplates and i found my "repolsor tech" enjoy

what about a vacuum cleaner or shop vac hose? just cut the size you need to cover your body, paint and boom! you're done :)

Ok guys one thing ive noticed that some people overlook on the iron man armor is the areas between the main armor pieces, well i have been thinking and i belive i have found a solution. i did a quick proof of concept with the fingers and wanted to see what you all think. if this works well on the hands i will also use a simular technique around the elbow, wrist knees ect. any ways i have a reference pic as well as mine please let me know what you all think

I totally agree with you, in fact I'm doing the same, but I made a copy of the hose in alginate, only half of it, and it is quite flexible and comfortable. if you want, Take a look at my post

best regards

I though of using alginate, but not very famliar with the medium but thats a good idea, i do like the vacume cleaner idea, im sure i could find a cheap use on or a junk one. Overall im glad to see a positive feedback and am gonna press forward with this. thanks guys!

Hey guys here is another update! with pics!
Hey robo first off im a big fan and would like to thank you for what you bring to the community! i ve decided to use your chest piece for my iron man i like the way it looks much better that what ive got going on. anyways check the pics and let me know what you all think!

ok so im about half way done with pepping and am starting to think about the bondo stage any helpfull tips?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back